Director Emergency Services
CHI Health Immanuel located in North Omaha just off of I-680 on 72nd Street offers a full-service hospital cancer center rehabilitation center specialty spine hospital and more. For well over a century our commitment to serve our community inspires our staff to provide the highest quality of care to all who we have the privilege to serve.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates department objectives that address objectives and clinical practice and are consistent with the Mission and Vision and strategic priorities of Common Spirit Health. Annually reviews and revises the department scope of care based on changes in patient populations and identified needs. Participates in achieving nursing division goals and supports shared governance structure. Collaborates the facility plan with the market director and direction to best serve the community.
- Develops and/or utilizes effective communication systems and methods that promote sharing, partnerships, integration, and collaboration within department and internal/external customers of Common Spirit Health.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative and collaborative relationships with the Common Spirit Medical Staff and contracted providers. Follows the dyad leadership model.
- Maintains collegial and cooperative relationships with other Operations Directors, Operations Leaders and Service Line Vice Presidents, working as a team to search out and implement efficiencies, economies, and best practices.
- Develops and maintains a positive, professional, and collaborative relationship with EMS crews, police department staff, and all crews bringing us patients.
- Develops and maintains an active role with agencies in the communities to enhance the service to the underserved in our communities.
- Process Improvement
- Participates in intra- and inter-disciplinary process and performance quality improvement activities. Effectively utilizes statistical tools and methods to communicate and measure results. Has ongoing direct contact with consumers to determine specific needs. Incorporates current evidence based practice into improvement practices.
- Implements and monitors clinical standards of nursing practice. Takes actions as appropriate to facilitate the provision of safe and therapeutically effective nursing care.
- Demonstrates work practices consistent with Common Spirit Health and department-specific safety, security and infection control policies.
- Defines and evaluates care requirements of professional and assistive personnel consistent with care delivery system and patient populations. Recommends changes in skill mix and staffing levels utilizing acuity and productivity data and evidence for leading practice.
- Is accountable and responsible for scheduling and maintaining appropriate staffing levels using approved labor hour standards that flex with changing volumes and acuities and that are consistent with the patient population and skill mix of employees.
- Ensures optimal utilization of department resources through participation in planning and budgeting processes, in development and implementation of systems and practices that achieve defined objectives, in internal and external benchmarking activities, and in monitoring, analysis and resolution of budget and productivity variances.
- Develops and manages capital and operational budgets in support of strategic plans and goals. Determines and prioritizes facility and equipment needs. Participates in the selection of sources for needed services not provided by the organization.
- Seeks staff and provider input in finance decisions as appropriate for capital purchases and business development plans.
- Human Resources/Engagement
- Establishes a work environment that facilitates staff accountability and responsibility. Works to optimize staff potential and retains qualified, competent, and satisfied employees. Maintains an acceptable turnover rate by reducing manageable staff losses and actively participating in the recruitment of qualified staff.
- Provides ongoing direction and guidance for department personnel, including employment/discharge, performance assessment, competency assessment and validation, orientation and training, counseling and appraisal, and role development.
- Demonstrates responsibility for maintaining and updating knowledge/skills in the fields of nursing and health care management. Participates in appropriate professional organizations and develops a professional network.
- Assumes responsibility for such duties and projects as may be assigned by the Division Market Director or other executive team members.
- Acknowledges the value of multicultural traditions and demonstrates this when caring for clients and staff.
- Appropriately delegates nursing procedures which do not require the skill/knowledge or judgement of a licensed professional and which may be safely delegated in accordance with nursing policies and procedures. Supervises the provision of care by non-licensed personnel as necessary.
- Completes annual and six-month performance review assessments within proper scope of judgment and accountability.
- Assures appropriate level of understanding, awareness and compliance with all applicable Joint Commission, federal, state and agency laws, regulations, guidelines and professional standards.
- Participates in all safety, security and infection control programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided by the department.
- Collaborates with safety officer to make sure the department and staff are prepared for different disasters and surge codes.
Required Bachelor's degree. Master's degree must be obtained within 2 years. One of them must be in nursing.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs