The posted compensation range of $22.76 - $31.62 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Health Lakeside is West Omahas only full-service hospital. We believe that patient-focused care heals the body mind and spirit of every person. Our campus is designed for patients and sets the tone for a comfortable less stressful hospital stay. As one of the most technologically advanced hospitals in the world we provide a full range of services including: maternity cancer and surgery care as well as diagnostics and emergency services.
This position contributes to the mission and vision of CHI Health by serving as a member of the professional health care team and planning the nutritional care of individuals and groups for health maintenance. Assesses nutritional needs, develops and implements nutritional care plans, and evaluates and reports these results appropriately. Coordinates with department leaders at each individual campus.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Practices and performs at the minimum competent level as outlined by the current Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Scope of Practice in Nutrition and Dietetics (SOP) and Standards of Professional Performance for Registered Dietetics (SOPP).
- Develops and implements a patient plan of care based on evidence-based practice and an assessment of nutritional needs.
- Interprets, evaluates, and utilizes pertinent current research related to nutritional care.
- Evaluates nutritional interventions and provides follow up to ensure continuity of care.
- Counsels individuals and families in nutritional principles, dietary plans, and food selection, adapting plans to the individual.
- Clearly and concisely communicates appropriate nutritional care data through all record systems.
- Participates in health team meetings and serves as the expert on nutritional care.
- Promotes communication between departments as a patient advocate to facilitate patient care. Provides nutrition education to hospital personnel and community.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Required Licensure and Certifications
Must be registered as a Dietitian (RD) by Commission on Dietetic Registration.
Must have a current license as Medical Nutrition Therapist in Nebraska OR Licensed Dietitian in Iowa depending on work state.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs