Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities.
What sets us apart from other healthcare organizations? How much time do you have? In short, it all starts with our current employees. They believe in living our mission to provide compassion to everyone. We, in turn, believe that growing and supporting our people allows us to deliver a higher degree of quality care to our patients. CHI advocates for all who live in the communities we serve, especially the most vulnerable. Choose an organization who will champion your talents and nurture your career. Choose CHI!
We rely on our CNA Phlebotomists to help provide basic nursing care and assit with the daily blood collections. We depend on our lab staff to help determine what is happening with our patients. They are a vital key to the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Our phlebotomists work with our patients to provide the samples needed to see results.
What you will do:
- Under the direction and supervision of the Licensed Practitioner, RN or LPN, participates in the nursing process which includes: assess, plan, implement, and evaluate. The nursing process is an ongoing process that can end at any stage.
- Assessment - Contributes to the assessment of the health status of the healthcare consumer.
- Plan – Contributes to the plan of care through observation, data collection and communication of findings to the appropriate member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Implement – Provides basic patient care activities based on the plan of care and as delegated.
- Evaluate – Contributes to the evaluation of the healthcare consumer by observing responses to interventions and communicating findings to the appropriate member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Transports, collects, receives and prepares biological specimens for all age groups of patients for analysis using procedures consistent with safe work practices and proper laboratory techniques, while maintaining the integrity of the specimens.
- Organizes and prioritizes workload for the most efficient, accurate, and timely collection and processing of specimens in order to meet quality standards of laboratory testing.
- If required by facility, performs patient testing, maintenance, daily quality control, testing of proficiency samples for bedside monitors and records results in Laboratory information system.
What you will need:
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- CNA License
- BLS is required upon hire with American Heart Association.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.