The Informaticist position uses informatics knowledge and expertise, clinical and operation experience, critical thinking, and leadership skills to facilitate a multidisciplinary approach to promote quality care. The position engages with diverse teams (i.e. Operations, Information Technology, Epic AMS, etc) at multiple levels of the organization. The position works with stakeholders in the areas of evaluation, planning, development, and implementation of new features, functionality, tools, and workflow. The position supports the end user by providing onsite and virtual training for new hires and existing staff.
- Analyzes and plans implementations of new Epic functionality as assigned including the following responsibilities:
- Review of the functionality to determine scope and resources required
- Develop implementation timeline
- Facilitate market assessment to inform build and workflow development
- Coordinate testing process and schedule
- Identify and coordinate communication needs
- Provides oversight and management of all assigned projects from initial kick-off through conclusion of implementation.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify implementation objectives and guiding principles.
- Facilitates the scoping of the project to clearly articulate the needs of the request.
- Responsible for developing, communicating, and managing implementation timeline and milestones.
- Engages the appropriate project team members and coordinates assigned work.
- Provides routine and appropriate communication at project status, accomplishments, upcoming activities, and risks.
- Proactively Identifies and escalates issues as appropriate. Develops mitigation plans when necessary.
- Provides online virtual or instructor led classes for new hires as well as new or enhanced software functionality to impacted staff. Follows educational materials for training sessions and provides input on changes.
- Perform technical review of new optimization requests and upgrade functionality to assess for workflow impact. Make recommendations on proposed optimizations.
- Collaborate with Epic AMS or Epic National team on researching and resolving identified break-fix items.
- Engaged in an annual project focused on adding enhanced functionality and/or creating end user efficiency that generates a positive return on investment for the organization.
- Remains proficient in the use of Catholic Health Initiatives specific applications that are supported by the Clinical Informatics Department.
- Participates in assigned committees or workgroups to serve as resource for Informatics.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum of two years experience in a healthcare setting
Ability to adapt to new or changing environments
Strong critical thinking skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience with large, diverse projects including planning, facilitating, and implementation
Epic Proficient or Credentialed in one or modules within one year of hire.
Experience working with an EMR
Degree or Certification in Computer Science, MIS, Nursing, Informatics, HIT, Health Administration, or other related field.
Project Management Professional Certification
Epic Proficient or Credentialted in primary module within one year of hire.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs