Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Emergency Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Human Resources Management
- Functions as a mentor and coach.
- Assists with preparation of unit schedules.
- Establishes daily work plans for team of employees.
- Schedules staff for attendance at and completion of mandatory education.
- Maintains current staff certifications per regulatory requirements.
- Guides peer interviewing process in the selection of unit staff.
- Provides input and feedback to the nurse manager in regards to team performance management.
- Assists in development and achievement of departmental budgets and goals.
- Assists with payroll activities such as monitoring timekeeping.
- Effectively manages material and supply usage.
- Assists in communicating a shared vision, mission and values within the department.
- Facilitates ongoing problem solving that utilizes Department PI to achieve desired quality outcomes.
- Conducts on-the-job training and education on topics such as quality and patient satisfaction.
- Accountable for patient/physician satisfaction, leading process improvement efforts/measures
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care according to established standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintains and supports an atmosphere that supports and encourages high performance, teamwork and continual improvement of staff.
- Helps facilitate the flow of information to staff through numerous channels and opportunities.
- Communicates clearly what is expected of others, and addresses issues in an objective manner.
- Maintains ongoing compliance with regulatory standards through patient rounding, EOC (environment of care) rounding, and physician rounding.
- Maintains knowledge and competence in areas of management and clinical practice.
- Demonstrates flexibility from management to clinical.
- Participates in educational programs to enhance clinical/management experience.
- Serves as a clinical resource in area of specialty.
- Role models Clinical and professional excellence.
Required Education: Graduate of an RN Nursing Program
Required Licensure and Certification: Current RN licensure in the State of Nebraska or Iowa, Nebraska and Iowa are compact states, license must be in the state of your residence. Basic Life Support from the American Heart Assoication is required upon hire.
Bachelor degree in nursing preferred.
Three years of supervisory experience.
Verbal and written communication skills.
Delegation, team leadership, critical thinking, conflict resolution, time and workload management.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philoosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with hollistic, persaonalized care for the bod, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - thne you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Charge RN at CHI Health Lakeside
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started