Temporary Medical Assistant
The posted compensation range of $22.93 - $26.11 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Dignity Health Medical Foundation established in 1993 is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - one of the largest health systems in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California Arizona and Nevada. Today Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive health care services to the many communities we serve.
As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.
Dignity Health Medical Group – Northridge Family Medicine a service of Dignity Health Medical Foundation is conveniently located on the Northridge Hospital Medical Center campus and offers full service family medicine hospital medicine maternity care sports medicine and pediatric services to the community. In addition to more than 10 family medicine providers we are part of one of the few teaching hospitals in the valley where the Dignity Health Family Medicine Residency at Northridge (affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA) has educated family physicians for more than three decades many of whom stay to serve this community.
The Medical Assistant (MA) position is responsible for knowing his/her professional scope of practice as defined by the California Business and Professional Code and for satisfactorily completing the Dignity Health Medical Foundation orientation period that includes demonstrating skills and behaviors that meet a fully competent level of performance. The MA maintains a clean, organized, and safe environment, and performs patient care services that support the physician / provider's practice under the clinical supervision of the Physician, Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician’s Assistant, or Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Assisting in prepping patients for examinations or procedures, assisting with procedures, relaying instructions from the physician to a patient or authorized person, and collecting patient data
- Documenting patient concerns, patient concerns, patient messages, and care provided to the patient in the patient’s medical record for the physician's review
- Administrating medications specifically directed by the physician and performing accurate vital sign measurements and documentation.
This position may have access to third party credit card information and transaction systems (cash registers, point of sale devices, applications supporting credit card transactions, and reports or other documents containing credit card information) from single transactions or a single card at a time.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- Satisfactory completion of a formal Medical Assistant program pursuant to the Division of Allied Health Professions or military training that is equivalent to an accredited Medical Assistant program (determination by Dignity Health Medical Foundation H.R. department in conjunction with the State Division of Allied Health Professions) required
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills required
- Medical terminology, familiarity with CPT and ICD-10 coding procedures and reference tools, and pharmacology appropriate to the Medical Assistant scope of practice required
- Current BLS certification required (must be certified through the American Heart Association)
- Six (6) months of experience in an outpatient setting as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Certification must be obtained through one of the private agencies approved by the Medical Board of California:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (preferred)
- American Medical Technologists
- California Certifying Board of Medical Assistants
- Multi-skilled Medical Certification Institute, Inc. (NCCT)
- Familiarity with an electronic practice management system preferred
**This position is represented by the SEIU-UHW.**
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs