Founded in 1955, Dignity Health – Northridge Hospital Medical Center is a 394-bed, acute care, nonprofit community hospital located in Northridge, California. The hospital offers a full complement of award winning services, including the Leavey Cancer Center, a cardiovascular center, stroke center, the Center for Assault Treatment Services, a pediatric medical center, and the only pediatric trauma center in the San Fernando Valley. As a leading provider of compassionate, high-quality and affordable patient-centered care, we share a rich legacy with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. We are part of a 21-state network of nearly 9,000 physicians, 62,000 employees and more than 400 care centers. Visit dignityhealth.org/northridgehospital for more information.
Northridge Hospital Medical Center
The Security Guard is expected to provide a reasonably safe and secure environment for all who enter Dignity Health properties and to assure the physical security of buildings and grounds. It is expected that the security guard will demonstrate behavior consistent with Dignity Health core value and humankindness. The security guard shall support Dignity Health’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality improvement/process improvement activities. Responsibilities include:
- Protecting staff, patients, and visitors by responding to calls for assistance in a timely and prudent manner such as violent or unruly patients, visitors, crimes committed or in progress, opening doors, and responding to emergency codes.
- Patrol the facility and grounds by foot or vehicle; monitor security alarms and dispatch officers promptly to location(s) where needed, and report unsafe acts or conditions.
- Knowledge of emergency procedures, equipment, supplies, reports HIPPA breaches if witnessed; investigate security breaches, conduct follow-up investigations, and write incident reports.
- Log all activities in a daily log to accurately record events; and (2) complete clear, concise, and legible reports in a timely manner; use appropriate emergency and radio codes in dispatching security officers while knowing hospital campus to ensure that those dispatched are to right location.
security, officer, guard, safety, protection, guard card, IAHSS, law enforcement, military service, police , public safety
- Six (6) months experience as a security guard in a hospital or healthcare setting, prior law enforcement or military service; or one (1) year experience as a security guard.
- High school diploma or equivalent..
- Current driver’s license issued by the state wherein the position is posted with satisfactory DMV report on file or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire
- Current state issued security officer license, showing no disciplinary actions
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification .
- Must be able to speak English, communicate clearly orally, and in writing; understand and use de-escalation techniques.
- Must complete IAHSS Basic Training for Healthcare Security Officer within 90 days
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs