Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: General Surgery
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $48.01 - $68.33 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Founded in 1955 Dignity Health – Northridge Hospital Medical Center is a 394-bed acute care nonprofit community hospital located in Northridge California. The hospital offers a full complement of award winning services including the Leavey Cancer Center a cardiovascular center stroke center the Center for Assault Treatment Services a pediatric medical center and the only pediatric trauma center in the San Fernando Valley. As a leading provider of compassionate high-quality and affordable patient-centered care we share a rich legacy with Dignity Health one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. We are part of a 21-state network of nearly 9000 physicians 62000 employees and more than 400 care centers. Visit dignityhealth.org/northridgehospital for more information.
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to patients of all ages in accordance with individual needs, physician orders, Hospital policy and standards of nursing practice. He/she is responsible for directing and coordinating members of the care team, focusing on the provision of individualized quality patient care consistent with organizational values.
Nortridge Hospital Medical Center
**Sign on Bonus **
General Surgery Dept at Northridge Hospital Medical Center is actively seeking individuals who demonstrate patient care excellence. We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for the General Surgery unit to coordinate, supervise and implement patient care based on competence, professional expertise, knowledge and evidence-based practice. The Registered Nurse is expected to practice autonomously, consistent with professional standards, Nurse Practice Act and hospital job description specific to the unit. This position is critical to the success of Northridge Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission and organizational values of the Dignity Health system.
In addition, Dignity Health has made the conscious decision to implement solutions that will improve patient care outcomes and nursing competencies. As a result, all RN candidates considered for this position will be required to take a series of assessments during our application and interviewing process that include a basic math assessment and a thorough behavioral-based questionnaire in addition to providing up to three professional references and a copy of your most recent performance evaluation.
- Adheres to established Hospital/departmental policies and procedures, objectives, Quality Assessment and Improvement Program, legal, safety, environmental, infection control standards, Nurse Practices Act and Patient's Bill of Rights.
- Applies clinical knowledge and expertise for coordinating patient care by regularly planning and evaluating the care of patients.
- Establishes and maintains professional and collaborative relationships with other staff members, physicians, patients, patient family members, and the public as appropriate, while assuring confidentiality of all patient information.
- Demonstrates effective nursing judgement and a working knowledge of the nursing process.
- Provides guidance to interdisciplinary team members by supervising nursing interventions and assisting with related tasks.
- Provides leadership by establishing priorities and coordinating nursing care.
- Documents and communicates all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient condition to the appropriate member of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Coordinates plan of care with other members of the interdisciplinary health care team to achieve desired goals and outcomes.
- Communicates the plan of care to the patient and care partner(s) for the active involvement of the patient in the evolution of the plan throughout hospitalization.
- Conducts hourly rounds with the patient and care partner, focusing on pain management, skin integrity, elimination and other miscellaneous patient needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Graduate of Accredited RN school of Nursing
- Registered Nurse with current California license required
- Minimum 1 year acute care registered nursing experience in Med/Surg preferred
- Current AHA BLS required
- LA City Fire Card required within 90 days of hire.
- Experience with EHR (Cerner, MediTech, etc) preferred.
- Current certification in specialty area preferred.
This position is represented by SEIU L121RN and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Surgery at Northridge Hospital Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started