RN Emergency Services
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Emergency Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
Founded in 1955 Dignity Health – Northridge Hospital Medical Center is a 394-bed acute care nonprofit community hospital located in Northridge California. The hospital offers a full complement of award winning services including the Leavey Cancer Center a cardiovascular center stroke center the Center for Assault Treatment Services a pediatric medical center and the only pediatric trauma center in the San Fernando Valley. As a leading provider of compassionate high-quality and affordable patient-centered care we share a rich legacy with Dignity Health one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. We are part of a 21-state network of nearly 9000 physicians 62000 employees and more than 400 care centers. Visit dignityhealth.org/northridgehospital for more information.
Registered Nurse - Emergency Services **** We are offering a Sign On Bonus****
Northridge Hospital Medical Center
As an ED RN at Dignity Health- Northridge Hospital Medical Center, now part of CommonSpirit Health, the largest non-profit health system in the United States, you will be the first touchpoint to the people in our community who come to us for care.
As part of our ED team, you will partner with board-certified Physicians, Registered Nurses, Advance Midlevel Providers, and other specially trained staff to provide excellent care, and of course, human kindness to anyone seeking emergency medical treatment. We are the only Level II ACS-certified Trauma Center for adults and pediatrics in the San Fernando Valley. We are a Comprehensive Stroke, STEMI, Pediatric Medical Center, and EDAP certified Emergency Department.
To thrive as a nurse at Northridge Hospital Emergency Department, you should exhibit such qualities as teamwork, professionalism, strong critical thinking skills. Moreover, you should be energetic and motivated to provide compassionate, high-quality care to all of our patients.
Northridge Hospital Medical Center provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Free membership to our Care@Work program helping employees with childcare, pet care, or dependent adults
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
- Reimbursement for passing CEN and Trauma Nurse certification
This position is represented by SEIU L121RN and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
- Minimum one (1) year current acute care registered nursing experience in ER required.
- Current certification in ER preferred.
- Experience with EHR (Cerner, MediTech, etc?) preferred.
- Registered Nurse with current California License required.
- Current BLS, ACLS, PALS, from the American Heart Association Required.
- TNCC preferred,obtained within 6 months of hire
- MICN preferred.
- Crisis Prevention (CPI) training within 6 months of hire
- ENPC required within 6 months of hire. Eight additional hours of pediatric specific education required annually.
- LA City Fire Care required within 90 days of hire.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Emergency Services at Northridge Hospital Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started