RN Cardiac Catheterization Services
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Cardiac Catheterization Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $30.87 - $39.94 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Founded in 1955 Dignity Health – Northridge Hospital Medical Center is a 394-bed acute care nonprofit community hospital located in Northridge California. The hospital offers a full complement of award winning services including the Leavey Cancer Center a cardiovascular center stroke center the Center for Assault Treatment Services a pediatric medical center and the only pediatric trauma center in the San Fernando Valley. As a leading provider of compassionate high-quality and affordable patient-centered care we share a rich legacy with Dignity Health one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. We are part of a 21-state network of nearly 9000 physicians 62000 employees and more than 400 care centers. Visit dignityhealth.org/northridgehospital for more information.
In addition Dignity Health has made the conscious decision to implement solutions that will improve patient care outcomes and nursing competencies. As a result all RN candidates considered for this position will be required to take a series of assessments during our application and interviewing process that include a basic math assessment and a thorough behavioral-based questionnaire in addition to providing up to three professional references and a copy of your most recent performance evaluation.
Northridge Hospital Medical Center
***Sign On Bonus available for experienced Cath Lab Nurses ***
The CATH LAB unit at Northridge Hospital Medical Center is actively seeking individuals who demonstrate patient care excellence. We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for the CATH LAB to coordinate supervise and implement patient care based on ompetence professional expertise knowledge and evidence-based practice. Under the direction of the invasive cardiologist the REGISTERED NURSE assists in all assigned duties related to CATH LAB procedures. The RN is primarily responsible for nursing care and patient assessment during all phases of CATH LAB procedures. The RN participates as a circulator. surgical scrub assistant monitors and processes hemodynamic data.. The Registered Nurse is expected to practice autonomously consistent with professional standards Nurse Practice Act and hospital job description specific to the unit. This position is critical to the success of Northridge Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission and organizational values of the Dignity Health system.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, paid time off, and continuing education opportunities.
- Provides nursing care and patient assessment during all phases of cardiac cath lab procedures, including preparation and recovery. Provides rapid assessment, emergency care and stabilization of the critical cardiac patient. Performs in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently administer medications, including emergency medications, IV fluids, administration and titratation of vasoactive medications/infusions according to established protocols; administer anticoagulants, thrombolytics, platelet inhibitor/infusions per established protocols, including appropriate monitoring during the administration of these medications. Familiar with current cardiac medications.
- Possesses knowledge of 12-lead ECG interpretation, advanced arrhythmia interpretation and treatment and the components of hemodynamic monitoring including Cardiac Output, CVP, PA, PCWP, LVEDP.
- Provides assistance with airway management and emergency intubations. Provides care to patients on ventilators. Monitors oxygen saturation, end-tidal CO2. Possesses basic ABG interpretation skills.
- Possesses knowledge of Procedural sedation protocol, including administration of medications and the care of the patient pre, during, and post procedural sedation administration. Advocates for anesthesia involvement per nursing assessment and procedural sedation policy.
- Participates as a surgical scrub as required. Familiar with Interventional Radiology and cardiac cath lab procedures including left and right heart caths, interventions, electrophysiology and implants. Knowledge of potential complications intra and post each of these procedures.
- Participates as the monitor position using the hemodynamic monitoring system for documentation of the procedures performed.
Assists with preparation of lab for procedures including scrub table preparation, QC on Adult and Pediatric crashcarts, Intra Aortic Balloon Pump, Dextrometer, ACT machines and other equipment as necessary, assists in assuring that all equipment is in optimal working condition; reports malfunctioning equipment to appropriate person/department.
- Assists with technical/clerical tasks as requested. Familiar with Cath Lab imaging and archiving systems.
- Assists with department inventory as needed, orders through hospital materials management system.
- Provides standby to meet department needs.
- Assists with management of arterial, CVP, Swan Ganz catheters including insertion and removal per departmental/hospital policies. Familiar with closure devices/patches.
- Familiar with potential groin complications after sheath removal.
- Assist with management of IABP including initial set up, insertion and monitoring per protocol.
- Operates external defibrillator, external Transcutaneous and temporary transvenous pacemaker as necessary.
- Performs point-of-care testing including activated clotting time and blood glucose as necessary
- Reviews and reports (critical) lab values.
- Assists in expediting the daily cath lab schedule as necessary.
- Has basic knowledge of Title 17 as related to radiation safety guidelines specific to fluoroscopy and ionizing radiation; complies with federal guidelines in radiation safety as related to ALARA.
- Minimum of 3 years full-time experience within the last three years in either or any of the following required: critical care unit preferably coronary care or post cardiac surgery emergency room department or interventional cardiac or radiology catheterization laboratory.
- ACLS and BLS required. PALS required within 6 months from date of hire.
- McKesson Hemodynamics QSIGHT inventory management and current image archiving system within six months of employment.
- Must be licensed by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- LA City Fire Card required within 90 days of hire.
This position is represented by SEIU L121RN and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Cardiac Catheterization Services at Northridge Hospital Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started