Founded in 1955, Dignity Health – Northridge Hospital Medical Center is a 394-bed, acute care, nonprofit community hospital located in Northridge, California. The hospital offers a full complement of award winning services, including the Leavey Cancer Center, a cardiovascular center, stroke center, the Center for Assault Treatment Services, a pediatric medical center, and the only pediatric trauma center in the San Fernando Valley. As a leading provider of compassionate, high-quality and affordable patient-centered care, we share a rich legacy with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. We are part of a 21-state network of nearly 9,000 physicians, 62,000 employees and more than 400 care centers. Visit dignityhealth.org/northridgehospital for more information.
NORTHRIDGE HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
Under the direction of the Sr. Department Director, this position serves as the primary responsible support individual for the Laboratory Information System[LIS], its software interfaces to connected systems, instruments, and point-of-care testing devices. This support includes but is not limited to test library maintenance, policy and procedure development, ad hoc report creation, software customization (rules and algorithm builds), upgrade planning, database management, security, system training, maintenance and troubleshooting. Serves as a liaison between Laboratory, IS and other hospital departments and coordinates implementation of applications between user groups within department. Duties may include:
- Coordinates the design, implementation and maintenance of the laboratory information system (LIS), both hardware and software. Maintains various computer equipment and programs. Identifies and resolves issues relating to the LIS for all LIS customers.
- Maintains routine daily operation of computer-related functions, including but not limited to: production and dissemination of various reports; verification of report accuracy and completeness.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies for LIS. Writes and maintains operating manuals and policies. Generates charts, graphs, diagrams, log sheets and test requests/reports. Validates and verifies electronic data.
- Trains and coordinates the activities of personnel responsible for producing laboratory electronic data. Provides secure access to LIS system. Trains and assess competency of LIS users. Provides continuing education as needed.
- Four years experience including three years system-related field experience and one year hospital-related information system experience.
- Bachelor's degree in biological or chemical sciences.
- Additional course work or advanced degree in Information Systems preferred
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs