Care Coordinator RN
The posted compensation range of $49.46 - $70.38 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Founded in 1955 Dignity Health – Northridge Hospital Medical Center is a 394-bed acute care nonprofit community hospital located in Northridge California. The hospital offers a full complement of award winning services including the Leavey Cancer Center a cardiovascular center stroke center the Center for Assault Treatment Services a pediatric medical center and the only pediatric trauma center in the San Fernando Valley. As a leading provider of compassionate high-quality and affordable patient-centered care we share a rich legacy with Dignity Health one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. We are part of a 21-state network of nearly 9000 physicians 62000 employees and more than 400 care centers. Visit dignityhealth.org/northridgehospital for more information.
Care Coordinator RN - Care Coordination ***Sign on Bonus*
Northridge Hospital Medical Center
As our Care Coordinator with Dignity Health Services, you’ll work with physicians, other registered nurses, specialized departments, and community resources. This provides patients with the education and resources needed to build a care plan at discharge.
You’ll build trust in these interactions by showing compassion, using your critical thinking skills, and remembering that each patient requires a custom care plan tailored to their needs. You will support patients by identifying and removing patient care barriers that will regress their healing. Your talent for creative thinking is vital to your success in case management. It shines as you develop enhanced discharge plans yielding optimal outcomes for each patient.
We appreciate your interest in our company and are pleased to inform you that we offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees; benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, and more!
- Conduct an initial review of each patient’s information and initiate contact
- Participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds (MDR) and weekly length of stay (LOS) meetings to discuss and review patient care
- Take a collaborative care approach that assesses clinical, spiritual, financial, and educational baselines to work towards realistic results
- Develop and implement discharge plans for patients to meet their needs for post-acute care services, avoid outlier days, reduce the length of stay (LOS), and reduce readmission rates
- Communicate with patients, their families, outside vendors, post-acute care providers, and teammates
- CA Registered Nurse (RN) License required.
- Minimum of 1 year nursing experience in an acute hospital setting.
- Prior Care Coordination experience in a clinical or insurance setting is required.
- Masters Degree in nursing with a concentration in Case Management can serve as a substitute for the experience requirement.
- BSN degree or experience equivalent preferred
- Relevant certification is preferred (CCM ABQAURP or ACM).
- LA City Fire Card required within 90 days of hire.
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills are a must. Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are essential. Demonstrated ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks or projects effectively. Ability to work independently as needed with a high degree of detail orientation. Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
This position is represented by SEIU-121 and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs