The posted compensation range of $26.38 - $38.26 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Saint Joseph Jessamine RJ Corman Ambulatory Care Center is a department of Saint Joseph Hospital and a member of CHI Saint Joseph Health. Saint Joseph Jessamine is Jessamine Countys first and only full-service 24/7 emergency room. Also available: diagnostic imaging lab services workplace care physical rehabilitation and physician offices. CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees 8 hospitals specialty clinics and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations across Central and Eastern KY. CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health in 2019. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Performs a wide range of technical procedures analyzing blood and various body fluids in order to expedite the physician’s diagnosis and treatment of his patient. Records and documents this data in the proper areas. The employee shall assist with quality audits in accordance with accrediting agencies. Technical duties will include routine patient testing, complex red cell antibody identification, and preparation of blood components for transfusion. Technical competency and critical thinking are required, as errors could result in serious consequences to patients. Work involves confidential patient diagnosis and test results, requiring the employee to respect the patient’s right to confidentiality. The technologist shall have good communication skills and interact pleasantly and professionally with all co-workers, medical staff, patients, visitors and others. The employee shall actively support the policies of the Laboratory and organization.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Direct observations of routine patient test performance, including, as applicable, patient identification and preparation; and specimen collection, handling, processing and testing
- Monitoring the recording and reporting of test results, including, as applicable, reporting critical results
- Review of intermediate test results or worksheets, quality control records, proficiency testing results, and preventive maintenance records
- Direct observation of performance of instrument maintenance and function checks
- Assessment of test performance through testing previously analyzed specimens, internal blind testing samples or external proficiency testing samples
- Evaluation of problem-solving skills
- Performs quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of test results.
- Analyzes patient samples according to approved standards of testing.
- Maintains equipment to ensure accurate, consistent results in the performance of tests.
- Provides teaching and education to clinical laboratory scientist students and other laboratory personnel.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Collects and processes laboratory specimens.
- Follow standards of safety dictated by the laboratory, the hospital and regulatory agencies.
- Contributes to the efficient operation of the laboratory.
- Participates in continuing education programs for the upgrade of educational experience.
- Other job duties as assigned by management.
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
APPROPRIATE BACHELOR’S DEGREE REQUIRED TO MEET CLIA RULES
EXPERIENCE IN LABORATORY MEDICINE
Required Licensure and Certifications
MT(ASCP), MT(AMT), MT (HEW), qualified as a technologist under CLIA rules, or equivalent. Individuals who are newly certified beginning January 2004 must participate in the BOR Certification Maintenance Program required within 12 months after hire.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs