Med Technologist I
The posted compensation range of $22.89 - $33.20 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
$15K Sign on Bonus and up to $5K Relocation Assistance
CHI St. Joseph Health Grimes Hospital is located Navasota TX and is a 25 bed critical access hospital. Our Medical Unit consists of 18 beds & has a phenomenal leadership team & great overall culture!
While you're busy impacting the healthcare industry, we'll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
Responsible for the analysis of laboratory specimens and subsequent result reporting according to
laboratory protocol and procedures to fulfill the requests of the prescribing physician. Performs
clinical testing in any or all of the following laboratory areas: blood bank, chemistry, coagulation,
hematology, immunology, microbiology, and urinalysis. The technologist works independently,
organizing work to meet established deadlines.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs in all assigned areas of the laboratory. Provides accurate and appropriate testing of
specimens received in the laboratory, according to established laboratory protocol and
procedures to fulfill the requests of the prescribing physician.
- Reports test results in a timely manner and according to established laboratory protocol and
procedures to ensure that all patients receive appropriate treatment promptly.
- Follows established procedures for laboratory quality control and reports discrepancies to the
appropriate supervisor to guarantee the lab maintains utmost quality.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, or as needed maintenance on instruments and equipment as
appropriate, to ensure that all equipment is in working order. Performs calibration of
equipment as required. Troubleshoots instruments, equipment, reagents, and patient
specimens when problems occur. Notifies the supervisor if unable to solve the problem.
- Attends educational conferences and seminars to stay abreast of laboratory methodology,
instrumentation, procedures, and policies to offer the highest quality testing to the laboratory.
- Dependable and is punctual as defined by department policy to ensure that work is started and
completed on time. Follows department rules regarding scheduling and schedule changes.
Demonstrates willingness to adjust schedule to meet departmental needs. Takes calls
according to department policy.
- Complies with established laboratory and hospital policies for universal precautions and safety
procedures to protect all patients and staff. When handling blood and/or body fluids, standard
precaution procedures will be followed in order to minimize exposure to infectious diseases.
Safety policies and procedures will be followed when using chemicals.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow
employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Reads and follows all organizational and departmental policies and procedures to remain in
good standing with the organization and leads by example. Assists in updating policy and
- Attends all required safety training programs to stay abreast of latest safety precautions and
procedures, and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety,
department/service safety, and specific job related hazards. Follows the hospital exposure
control plans/blood borne and airborne pathogens.
Required: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: 1-2 years
Required: MT (ASCP), MLS (ASCP), (NAACLS) or equivalent
texasmt, #LABTEXAS, mclabtexas, labtexas
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs