RN OR Circulator
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: PRN
- Department: Surgery
- Hours/Pay Period: 24
Mercy Medical Center, a Dignity Health member, has been building a rich history of care in our community for more than 100 years. We have grown from a small one-story wooden structure into a major healthcare provider with a new 186-bed main campus, offering the latest in facility design and technology. Mercy also operates Outpatient Centers, a Cancer Center and several rural clinics.
Wherever you work throughout our system, you will find faces of experience with dedication to high quality, personalized care. Joining our 1,300 employees, 230 physicians and many volunteers, you can help carry out our commitment to providing our community with the excellence they have come to associate with Mercy Medical Center.
As surgical services nurse with us, you are expected to apply your surgical nursing knowledge and skills in the in the operating room and it doesn’t stop there. You have the proven ability to maintain composure while managing a rollercoaster of emotions as the patient’s status could change in the blink of an eye. Most patients never realize the part you played in getting them through one of their most vulnerable moments, but that doesn’t matter to you. Honoring your commitment to care for others is thanks enough.
Mercy Hospitals provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Free membership to our Care@Work program helping employees with childcare, pet care, or dependent adults
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 403(b) Retirement Program
- Wellness Program
Consistent with scope of licensure, parameters of the California Nurse Practice Act, and Mercy Medical Center Merced (MMCM) policy and procedure, renders direct and indirect nursing care to assigned patient populations.
- Assesses patients for nursing needs, establishes and implements a problem oriented plan of nursing care, and evaluates the effectiveness of care provided.
- Provides immediate direction to other members of the nursing care team to assure the appropriate provision of nursing services.
- Provides immediate direction to assigned LVNs, OR ancillary or Surgical technicians as assigned. Patient age populations served, and the specific competencies that comprise this job title may vary among nursing units. These specifics are found in the “Department / Unit Orientation & Initial Assessment of Competency” checklists for this unit/position, and –by reference – form a part of this job description.
- Must possess and maintain a current Registered Nurse license issued by the State of California.
- Must possess and maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certificate
- Must possess and maintain a current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certificate (ACLS)
- Must possess and maintain a current Pediatrics Advanced Life Support Certificate (PALS) within three (3) months of hire.
- Must be able to take call shifts as assigned as required by departmental needs
- Clinical experience in Operating Room/PACU, Operating Room, ICU, Emergency Department, Endoscopy.
- Possess and maintain a current nursing certification such as Certified Nurse-Operating Room (CNOR) , Certified Peri-anesthesia Nurse (CPAN), Certified Ambulatory Peri-anesthesia Nurse CAPA), Certified Critical Care Nurse (CCRN), Certification from the Society of Gastroenterology Nurses Association (SGNA)
- Conscious Sedation experience preferred.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN OR Circulator at Mercy Medical Center Merced?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started