LVN Medical Acute
The posted compensation range of $17.89 - $24.60 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI St. Joseph Health Madison Hospital is located Madisonville TX and is a 30 bed critical access hospital. Our Emergency Room consists of 5 beds.
Since 1936 CHI St. Joseph Health has been caring for the communities in Bryan, College Station, Brenham, Hearne, Navasota, Caldwell, Madisonville, and Bellville. With the area’s only Level II Trauma Center, the first Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center, and the first accredited Chest Pain Center in the Brazos Valley, CHI St. Joseph Health is a leader in critical care and the largest provider of cardiovascular care in the region. As an integrated healthcare system, CHI St. Joseph Health includes a comprehensive network of over 100 employed providers, including primary care physicians, specialists, and advanced practice clinicians. The network consists of more than 20 ambulatory clinics featuring primary care, freestanding Emergency Room Express Clinics, and imaging and diagnostic services.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician, a Licensed Practical Nurse functions as a vital member of the healthcare team who contributes to the success of the practice by demonstrating customer/patient focus, effective communication, professionalism, and teamwork. The nursing process is utilized to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care provided to selected patient populations and their families.
LVN Nursing Expectations:
- Performs basic nursing care to patients by following established standards and procedures.
- Collects patient data such as vital signs; notes how the patient looks and acts, or responds to stimuli, and reports this information accordingly.
- Prepares and administers injections, performs routine tests, treats wounds, and changes bandages.
- Prepares patient records and files using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
- Conveys information to patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing program required.
- Current/valid Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse from the state licensing board required.
- 1 year experience in a clinic or acute hospital nursing setting required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Must have additional specialty certifications (if applicable).
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs