Nurse House Supervisor
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Nursing Administration
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
CHI St. Luke's Health-Memorial Lufkin
The opening of the area's first dedicatedheart and stroke care centerfurther supports our mission of service to the community. As a Joint Commission certified primary stroke care facility and recognized as a HeartCARE Center, National Distinction of Excellence by the American College of Cardiology, CHI St. Luke's Health-Memorial offers the latest in heart and stroke care using state-of-the-art technology with a highly trained team of surgeons, physicians and staff.
Memorial offers a wide array of services, including theTemple Cancer Center. We are the first health care facility in Texas to acquire theDaVinci High Definition Robotfor robotic assisted procedures in urology, gynecology and general surgery, and is currently the only hospital in Lufkin to boast two robotic systems, including the latest, most advanced robot, the da Vinci Xi. It was also the first hospital in the state of Texas to receive four Center of Excellence accreditations by the Surgical Review Corporation in Minimally Invasive Gynecology (COEMIG), Hernia Surgery (COEHS), Robotic Surgery (COERS) and Minimally Invasive Surgery (COEMIS).
The Lufkin hospital also is known for providing the area’s only comprehensive diabetes, heart and stroke center—thePolk Education Center. The center's diabetes self-management education program is the only one in the area with continued recognition by the American Diabetes Association (ADA).
Another center of excellence includes theTemple Imaging Centerthat offers some of the most advanced procedures in the area, including PET/CT scanning for cancer and Alzheimer’s, CT scanning, Open Bore MRI, 4D Ultrasound and 3D mammography. Other specialty areas includeOrthopedic care,Women’s Services,Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation,Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Kidney and Diabetes Treatment, andExpress Lab.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Vacation, Personal Days and Holidays
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
If you are compassionate about healthcare and would like to impact patients every day, connect with CHI St. Luke’s Health today to experience what it is like to collaborate with a talented healthcare team!
Assesses patients and plan care for shift needs in all departments with assistance from nursing staff and department managers; must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their specific needs, and provide the care needed as described in each department.
- Manages overtime and unit staffing for all nursing staff based on budget, patient acuity and census on a daily basis
- Communicates staffing decisions to Nurse Managers of concerned area
- Ensures agency nursing staff is in appropriate units at the scheduled time
- Responds and intervenes in all emergency situations
- Coordinates all staff nurse sick calls and communicates information to themanagerof concern.
- Responsible for the notification of on call staff
- Responsible for coordinating after hour procedures
- Acts promptly and decisively to address problems that arise throughout thehouse
- Serves as administrative/management representative at all times
- Bachelors in Nursing
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- BLS with skills demonstration
Five (5) years of clinical experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective Communication
- Knowledge of the principles and skills of the nursing process to provide patient care and treatment.
- Critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Basic Computer skills – familiarity with Windows based software programs.
- Experience working in an acute care facility
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philoosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with hollistic, persaonalized care for the bod, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - thne you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Nurse House Supervisor at St. Luke's Health - Memorial - Lufkin
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started