The posted compensation range of $45.75 - $63.01 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Founded in 1887 Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed acute care nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center the Los Angeles Center for Womens Health obstetrics and pediatric services and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health one of the nations five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
The Clinical Social Worker is responsible for performing social work assessments and interventions as needed for inpatients outpatients and emergency department patients. They are dedicated to patient and family centered care that values personal self-determination skilled at managing multiple priorities at once and engaging in creative compassionate and ethical problem-solving. As a member of a multidisciplinary health team they perform comprehensive assessments and develop treatment plans that integrate the medical social and resource issues that impact individual patients families and at risk populations. Clinical Social Workers are responsible for working collaboratively with all healthcare team members to develop and implement treatment plans that support patient-centered plan of care for both individual patients and the medical community. The functions of the Clinical Social Worker includes crisis intervention patient /family intervention high risk screening brief counseling referring for financial or other identified resource needs arrange and facilitate family/patient representative meetings with the health care team as needed assist in post acute placement on complex discharges and engagement of appropriate agencies or community resources when high risk patients are identified. The Clinical Social Worker establishes and maintains professional relationships with physicians case managers nursing staff county agencies community resources patients and families. The position will be required to serve on hospital committees and take part in developing and presenting in-services to Hospital staff.
- At least two years of clinical and/or medical social work experience required.
- Masters Degree from a School of Social work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- Knowledge of contemporary behavioral and systems theories relevant to health care; end-of-life dynamics and interventions; grief and bereavement counseling; substance abuse identification and interventions; support for victims of abuse neglect or violence; community or financial resources for underserved or vulnerable populations.
- SSDI SDI and other governmental/county requirements/programs.
- Thorough comprehension of OBRA and Title 22 is required.
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills are a must
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are essential
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks or projects effectively
- Ability to work independently as needed with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs