Food Service Worker
Founded in 1887, Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center, the Los Angeles Center for Women’s Health, obstetrics and pediatric services, and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
Under general supervision, the FSW is assigned to various work stations in the kitchen, patient care units, catering and cafeteria area and in compliance with hospital and regulatory agency standards. This position will prepare, serve and deliver food to a variety of service areas in the hospital. All employees are expected to perform their duties in alignment with the vision and values of the organization. The person doing this job is responsible for a variety of tasks that lead to a high level of customer satisfaction in the most cost effective manner.The employee will also assist in training other new employees in this job class.
- Previous hospital food service experience desired.
- High School Diploma desired
- Demonstrates good knowledge of English spelling and basic math functions.
- Able to read and understand English.
- Basic knowledge of modified diets.
- Basic knowledge of HACCP requirements.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Complies with all safety regulations pertaining to CHMC, as well as state regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records and information which pertains to patients, physicians, employees, the hospital and any related interest.
- Displays courtesy and consideration to patients, guests, physicians, and staff.
- Will need to be able to operate some food service equipment through training.
- Must be able to demonstrate good knowledge of all food service related equipment after training.
- Must be able to answer department telephones properly.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate procedures in a maner easily understood by fellow employees.
This position is represented by SEIU
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs