Director Quality and Risk
The posted compensation range of $62.24 - $90.24 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Founded in 1887, California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed, acute care, not-for-profit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II traumacenter, the Los Angeles Center for Women’s Health, obstetrics and pediatric services, and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services.California Hospital is home to Hope Street Margolis Family Center, a community health, education, and resource center helping thousands of families and children.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Annual Incentive (Bonus) Program.
- Matching Retirement Programs.
- Pension fully funded by the Hospital.
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance.
- Free Membership to our Care@Work program supporting child care, pet care, and adult dependent needs.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft.
- Wellness Program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
As our Director of Quality at California Hospital Medical Center, you’ll lead ongoing quality improvement initiatives that include collaboration between many healthcare professionals.
Each day you'll make data-driven decisions to ensure our patients continuously receive high-quality care resulting in positive outcomes. In this nursing leadership role, you’ll analyze data and implement different strategies for performance improvements, quality outcomes, risk reduction/mitigation, patient safety, and infection control to name a few.
To be successful in this role, you’ll apply your experience in nursing, operations, data analysis, and technology in order to build on our culture of continuous improvement. Your project management skills will ensure our teams continue moving forward with current initiatives.
- Educate and lead health care teams on quality initiatives and mitigating risk
- Collaborate with CNO and other leaders to build on our culture of growth and improvement
- Lead on-going education initiatives
- Ensure high integrity of data for reporting and analysis
- Bachelor's degree in a healthcare-related field or five (5) years of related job or industry experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive management responsibility in a health care setting, two (2) of which is related to managing an acute care organization’s Quality Improvement Program.
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical, patient care experience or equivalent.
- Experience developing and implementing clinical, service and operational process improvement initiatives, both small and large scale.
- Knowledge and expertise in specific performance improvement/CQI methodologies (e.g. Six Sigma, LEAN).
- Current knowledge of accreditation and regulatory requirements for acute and ambulatory care services (e.g. state, federal, local regulations; Joint Commission, etc.).
- Clinical experience as a Registered Nurse in CA is highly preferred.
- Current State License in a clinical field (five (5) years experience in Quality Management can be used in lieu of state license).
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), or Healthcare Quality and Management Certification (HCQM), or Certificate of Professional Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety (CPQPS) within 2 years of employment is required.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs