Clinical Lab Scientist
The posted compensation range of $51.73 - $60.93 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Founded in 1887, Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center, the Los Angeles Center for Women’s Health, obstetrics and pediatric services, and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
Performs a variety of clinical laboratory procedures in assigned sections to obtain and report data used in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Uses technical skills instrumentation information systems and other resources to perform waived moderately and highly complex procedures in order to provide clinical laboratory support to all user groups in the hospital and medical community. Provides clinical laboratory consultation in accordance with regulatory agency standards and laboratory law. Supervises all work performed by non-licensed staff and all other designated staff members.
- One year of clinical internship or acute care experience.
- Bachelors Degree in clinical laboratory technology or related field.
- ASCP Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of the operation of routine laboratory instruments and standard laboratory technical procedures as assigned.
- Familiar with troubleshooting techniques for instrumentation and test performance.
- Knowledgeable in laboratory practice laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Good written oral and communication skills.
- Depending upon assignment may need specialized training in or on one or more scientific disciplines instrument systems or information systems.
- May require special aptitude skills development flexibility in assignment and/or ability to handle multiple tasks or assignments.
- Current CA Clinical Laboratory Scientist licensure required.
This position is represented by SEIU
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs