Founded in 1887, Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center, the Los Angeles Center for Womens Health, obstetrics and pediatric services, and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nations five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
Position Title:Clinical Dietitian
Provides medical nutritional therapy to patients by assessing nutritional status, developing a plan of care to maintain or improve nutritional status, periodically evaluating the patient's response to the plan of care, and modifying it as required for optimal outcomes. Counsels patients and/or families about food requirement, eating habits, and therapeutic nutrition.
- Completes patient nutritional assessment and establishes plan of care for patient's nutritional requirements; utilizes assessment and evaluation techniques that consider the varied needs of age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns.
- Documents assessment, plan, actions and patients' progress.
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements educational materials to meet the needs of patients and clinical professionals. Serves as an expert resource and collaborates with the multi-disciplinary medical team on any nutrition-related matters.
- Participate in care planning meetings, rounds, and test trays in the kitchen.
- Knowledge of therapeutic approaches and principles of Medical Nutrition Therapy and ability to plan, develop and deliver nutritional interventions as well as provide individualized dietary consultations.
- Knowledge of and ability to assess patients and develop and implement a treatment plan.
- Knowledge of education concepts and techniques; the ability to educate people about food requirement, eating habits, and therapeutic nutrition.
- Knowledge of principles and practices associated with menu planning; ability to plan nutritious and varied meals for patients and staff.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations governing dietary guidelines; ability to apply these theories to design, develop and maintain a healthy diet.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques; ability to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a Registered Dietitian; Working experience in an acute care hospital highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or related field
- Valid registration as a Registered Dietitian
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs