Cath Lab Rad Tech
Founded in 1887, California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed, acute care, not-for-profit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II traumacenter, the Los Angeles Center for Women’s Health, obstetrics and pediatric services, and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services.California Hospital is home to Hope Street Margolis Family Center, a community health, education, and resource center helping thousands of families and children.
About this opportunity:
Performs quality patient care in collaboration with the Physician and Registered Nurse during all cardiac and peripheral diagnostic and interventional procedures and electrophysiology studies. Under the general direction of the invasive cardiologist, assists in all duties related to catheterization lab procedures. Primarily responsible for radiographic equipment, radiographs, and related imaging and archiving. Participates as a surgical scrub tech as necessary. Monitors and processes hemodynamic data. Assists with the maintenance of equipment and inventory. Assesses procedure room for equipment functioning and readiness. Obtains supplies for individual cases. Performs duties in alignment with the mission and policies of the organization. Utilizes professional and hospital standards of care and standards of practice to guide care delivered to the patient. Maintains patient safety and confidentiality during the hospital stay. Performs duties in support of and in compliance with the PI plan, TJC, and other regulatory agencies. Provides professional patient care in accordance with the appropriate scope of practice. Embraces diversity.
- Three years experience in a Catheterization Laboratory to include radiation safety, proper imaging technique for coronary procedures,aseptic technique, scrub position..
- Experience with hemodynamic monitoring, peripheral vascular and electrophysiology studies highly desirable.
- CRT and Fluoroscopy. National ARRT preferred .
- BLS certification required.
- ACLS certification within 6 months of employment.
- Courses in Hemodymanic monitoring, Arrhythmia interpretation, and cardiac specific classes within 1 year of employment.
This position is represented by SEIU.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs