Trauma Data Associate
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
- Demonstrates independent performance of routine data collection and computer entry.
- Acquires the daily ED log and screens it for patients meeting trauma hospital criteria guidelines.
- Obtains missing sequence numbers from trauma patients from the LB Fire Dept., LA County Fire Dept., and/or LA City Fire Dept.
- Enters required information into the shared internal excel file "Trauma Log" daily
- Obtains and records accurate financial information on TPS after accessing this information from HBO
- Enters required information into the shared internal excel file "Trauma Log" daily.
- Requests autopsies and follows up with the LA County Coroners office on all trauma related deaths.
- Accurately completes the Trauma patient Summary forms (TPS), for all Trauma Patients. Abstracts Data from medical record. Codes diagnosis and injury severity.
- Reviews autopsies when received from the coroner. Updates, codes and/or corrects diagnosis, codes injury severity, and for later review, files autopsies in chronological order in the trauma office.
- Expedites patient care reimbursement from LA County by ensuring accuracy of all data systems, correcting errors and acting as a liaison between hospital departments and Los Angeles County EMS.
- Interfaces with the TPM in planning and preparation for the DHS/ACS survey.
- Attends educational workshops and informational meetings offered by LA County DHS/EMS, ATPM and TQIP
- Assists the TPM in preparing for monthly trauma subcommittee meetings and quarterly South Bay Regional QI meetings by retrieving records and data and autopsy reports and making copies as required.
- Assists specialty physician members of trauma team in obtaining necessary information for billing purposes. Mails or faxes list of patients, sequence numbers, payer sources to contracted physician groups.
- Designs populations and reports and runs them from the TEMIS system as requested by TPM and/or Trauma physicians.
- Must have experience with Trauma Registry.
- Clerical and computer skills, including spreadsheet, knowledge of medical terminology is required.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must complete or have previously completed the following courses within 12 months of being hired as per ACS requirements:
1) American Trauma, Society's Trauma Registrar Course,
2) The Association of the Advancement of Automotive Medicine's Injury Scaling Course. Required to complete a minimum of 8 hours of trauma registry - specific continuing education per year.
- Clerical and computer skills, including spreadsheet. Data Entry and Organized Filing Knowledge of coding
- A minimum of one (1) year experience as a Ward Secretary in an acute care setting preferred.
- Certified Specialst in Trauma Registries CSTR Preferred.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs