Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Medical / Surgical ICU
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
As our ICU Nurse at St Mary Medical Center, you’ll monitor patients who are critically ill and unstable following extensive injury, surgery, or life-threatening disease.
You’ll begin each shift by taking report from a nursing teammate before making your rounds. You’ll provide continued care and perform procedures as detailed in the care plan. This could mean assisting a physician with a chest tube or central line, providing wound care, ensuring patients MRI or CT, or administering medications.
To thrive in this role, you’ll heavily depend on your ability to multitask and react. You’ll clinically care for your patients- remaining focused and attentive as you continuously monitor your patients throughout your shift. You also serve as their advocate- supporting their best interests when they cannot. However, your sound judgment during an emergency and rapid response are impressive, putting you on the radar for advancement.
● Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care while ensuring patient comfort
● Anticipates, identifies, and responds to informational and emotional needs of patients and families
● Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e., Patient Care Technicians) in caring for patients
● Maintains knowledge of equipment setup, maintenance, and use (i.e., IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices) Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and monitor alarms with necessary
● Initiates emergency support measures (i.e., cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury)
● Assists with patient care duties/tasks (i.e., emptying drainage devices, ambulating, and hygiene)
If you are committed to social justice, health equity, and prepared to deliver care in new, innovative ways, you belong with us.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of California required.
- 1 year ICU RN experience
- Current basic life support (BLS) certification
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN ICU at St Mary Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started