Respiratory Therapist III
The posted compensation range of $41.75 - $51.40 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Founded as a faith-based hospital in 1923 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, Dignity Health – St. Mary Medical Center is a 389-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in Long Beach, California. The hospital offers a full complement of services, including a Level II trauma center, cardiac and vascular center, surgical weight loss, maternity and the CARE Center, which is a recognized PrEP center of excellence. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/stmarymedical for more information.
The RCP III is a critical care practitioner in the NICU, adult ICU and pulmonary/bronchoscopy. He/ she has completed all level I and II skills and competencies and has mastered all level III skills and competencies to provide patient care in the NICU and labor & delivery, adult ICU or pulmonary/bronchoscopy.
The RCP III is skilled in intubation and resuscitation, responds to the ED for critical infant/pediatric patients or assist with performance of video bronchoscopies and pulmonary function testing. The RCP III functions as shift lead when assigned and provides critical assessment and care as a member of the Rapid Response Team. The RCP III acts as a mentor.
Pulm/Bronch RCPs Job Duties
- Perform complete pulmonary function testing to include review of data and graphics to ensure accuracy and reproducibility
- Transmit test data into cardioserver and ensure tests are read and interpreted by the assigned pulmonary lab physician
- Performs quality monitors and testing to ensure lab quality compliance
- Assists physicians with performance of video bronchoscopies to include bronchial thermoplasty in the GI Lab
- Assists physicians with performance of endobronchial ultrasound for biopsy and cancer staging in the OR
- The NICU RCP shall have a minimum of 3 years current neonatal critical care experience.
- Recent pediatric critical care experience is desirable.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Satisfactory completion of all RCP I and II skills and competencies.
- BLS, PALS, NRP
- Respiratory Therapist License and Certification
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs