The posted compensation range of $42.51 - $61.64 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Founded as a faith-based hospital in 1923 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, Dignity Health – St. Mary Medical Center is a 389-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in Long Beach, California. The hospital offers a full complement of services, including a Level II trauma center, cardiac and vascular center, surgical weight loss, maternity and the CARE Center, which is a recognized PrEP center of excellence. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/stmarymedical for more information.
Under the general guidance of the Director of Rehabilitation Services and Therapy Manager; the Physical Therapist administers patient evaluations, plans and implements patient treatment proficiently for all assigned patient diagnoses. This position supervises Physical Therapist Assistants in performance of clinical duties. The Physical Therapist demonstrates exceptional time management skills in performing all assigned tasks. In addition, the Therapist also demonstrates sound judgment in clinical decision making.
This position assists in supervision, training and orienting new staff (Level II and III only). CCS-paneled Physical Therapists will be responsible for participation in case conferences when appropriate, discharge planning activities, and coordination with the multidisciplinary team/Utilization Review Case Manager for referral to a CCS-paneled provider or CCS Medical Therapy Unit for patients who may continue to require Physical Therapy services after hospital discharge.
- Level I: no prior experience required;
- Level II: minimum one year experience as a Physical Therapist working in a clinical setting with adult population, preferably rehabilitation;
- Level III: minimum five years experience as a Physical Therapist in a hospital setting with adult population, preferably rehabilitation; demonstrated leadership, initiative and ability to assume responsibility; demonstrated proficiency in all PT II skills; demonstrates one or more areas of well-developed clinical expertise that is used regularly in assigned area; demonstrates current continuing education in specialty area.
- License/Registration/Certification: Current California Physical Therapy license or eligible for same; Healthcare Provider CPR.
- Education and Training: Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate Degree from a Physical Therapy institution accredited by the APTA
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs