The posted compensation range of $31.94 - $46.31 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Provides medical nutritional therapy to patients by assessing nutritional status developing a plan of care to maintain or improve nutritional status periodically evaluating the patients response to the plan of care and modifying it as required for optimal outcomes. Counsels patients and/or families about food requirement eating habits and therapeutic nutrition.
- Completes patient nutritional assessment and establishes plan of care for patients nutritional requirements; utilizes assessment and evaluation techniques that consider the varied needs of age-specific populations as well as cultural religious and ethnic concerns.
- Documents assessment plan actions and patients progress.
- Develops reviews updates and implements educational materials to meet the needs of patients and clinical professionals. Serves as an expert resource and collaborates with the multi-disciplinary medical team on any nutrition-related matters.
- Participate in care planning meetings rounds and test trays in the kitchen.
- Knowledge of therapeutic approaches and principles of Medical Nutrition Therapy and ability to plan develop and deliver nutritional interventions as well as provide individualized dietary consultations.
- Knowledge of and ability to assess patients and develop and implement a treatment plan.
- Knowledge of education concepts and techniques; the ability to educate people about food requirement eating habits and therapeutic nutrition.
- Knowledge of principles and practices associated with menu planning; ability to plan nutritious and varied meals for patients and staff.
- Knowledge of applicable laws rules and regulations governing dietary guidelines; ability to apply these theories to design develop and maintain a healthy diet.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques; ability to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a Registered Dietitian and working experience in an acute care hospital is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or related field
- Valid registration as a Registered Dietitian
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs