Saint Joseph London is a 150-bed regional hospital located in London Kentucky. Founded in 1926 Saint Joseph London opened a new $152 million 340000-square foot regional facility in 2010. We offer the latest technology along with nationally ranked award-winning services. Our patient rooms are private with most overlooking a small lake and garden on the 52-acre healing environment. Saint Joseph London treats patients from southeastern Kentucky including those from Clay Laurel Jackson Knox Pulaski Rockcastle and Whitley counties. CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees 8 hospitals specialty clinics and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations across Central and Eastern KY. CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health in 2019. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Position is eligible for a $10,000 cash sign on bonus!
Job Summary / Purpose
Contributes to the safe, efficient operation of the surgical suite by assisting the physician, circulating RNs and anesthesia personnel during all levels of surgical procedures. Has primary responsibility for set-up of the instruments/equipment on the sterile field to perform each surgical procedure, operation, and cleaning of all procedural equipment during procedures. Works as a team member to provide harmonious flow of the surgical schedule and operating room running smoothly.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Contributes to efficient operation of the surgical suite and department
- Maintains confidentiality of information in the surgical suite and department
- Assists in delivering high quality care services in a professional, compassionate and courteous manner with respecting the dignity and individuality of each person who comes in contact with the organization by following the Standards of Excellence, Standards of Behavior and Conduct and Standards of Professional Appearance.
- Gives direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the RNs
- Responsible for the care, handling, and processing of all of the equipment and instruments.
- Prepares and sets up for all surgical procedures ensuring that the correct equipment and supplies are available during the case.
- Ability to assist the physicians as needed with equipment and supplies consistent with their job classification.
- Knowledge of all complex and therapeutic procedures performed in the unit.
- Ability to set up and assist with out of the department cases at the bedside or in the OR as necessary
- Passing sterile instruments during surgery in anticipation of the surgeon’s needs.
- Able to recognize and communicate any patient issues to RN or physician during the procedure.
- Maintains supplies and stocks procedure rooms and travel carts during down time
- Assists with tracking locations and maintaining inventory of equipment
- Disinfects and cleans scopes and equipment according to SGNA/ASGE standards and hospital policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education (for CHI Leadership Job Levels from Supervisor through President)
Does Not Apply
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Must be a graduate of an approved technician program
Required Licensure and Certifications
Basic Life Support from the American Heart Association is required prior to hire
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Manual dexterity and strong attention to detail. Experience with varied high tech surgical equipment.
Certification preferred. One year of OR, endoscopy or hospital experience preferred
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs