Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: PRN
- Department: Medical ICU
- Hours/Pay Period: 0
Saint Joseph London is a 150-bed regional hospital located in London Kentucky. Founded in 1926 Saint Joseph London opened a new $152 million 340000-square foot regional facility in 2010. We offer the latest technology along with nationally ranked award-winning services. Our patient rooms are private with most overlooking a small lake and garden on the 52-acre healing environment. Saint Joseph London treats patients from southeastern Kentucky including those from Clay Laurel Jackson Knox Pulaski Rockcastle and Whitley counties. CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees 8 hospitals specialty clinics and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations across Central and Eastern KY. CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health in 2019. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Provides nursing care according to the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementing and evaluating. Implements appropriate nursing care interventions. Administers medications and treatments in accordance with physician orders and established nursing policies and procedures. Care provided is based on defined standards of patient care and nursing evidence-based practice.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for acquiring knowledge and skills necessary for patient care in the identified practice setting.
- Performs assessment and analyzes patient problems and conditions using critical decisioning to determine need for standard, urgent or emergent interventions.
- Implements and/or modifies plan of care using assessment data, standards of care and evidence based practice inclusive of nursing care coordination, appropriate patient and family education, and discharge planning. Facilitates interdisciplinary partnership in patient care.
- Integrates ethical provisions in nursing practice and delivers care in a manner that preserves and protects patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Administers medications, IV therapy, and treatments in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Evaluates progress towards attainment of desired patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective on-going observations and reassessment of patient/family and their response to the interventions and changes in condition.
- Documents assessments and interventions in accordance with hospital policy and standards of care.
- Utilizes resources appropriately and follows facility guidelines for documentation and charging of medical supplies and equipment.
- Assigns or delegates tasks to designated support personnel based on needs and conditions of the patient, complexity of the task, predictability of the outcome and facility policy.
- Collaborates with new employees and peers to support orientation, training and development opportunities. Supports the profession of nursing through support for nursing student clinical activities, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
Required Licensure and Certifications:
- Current RN license in the State of Kentucky
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN ICU at CHI Saint Joseph London?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started