RN Charge Medical Surgical
RNs with CHI Saint Joseph Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, have a variety ofskills from clinical to project management. Their ability to multitask and consistently deliver high quality care makes them some of the most well-rounded nurses caring for our patients. Keen assessment skills, critical thinking, and a sense of urgency attribute to their success.
As a Nurse , you will advance your career by providing care to patients funneled in from other units in the medical center which will quickly acquaint you with a variety of injuries, treatment options, and disease states. This provides you with the education and experience to advance your nursing career in specialized service lines such as cardiac, telemetry, orthopedics, neurology, critical care, surgical services, and emergency.
You appreciate that you will rarely have the same day twice and you thrive in a fast-paced clinical environment. Your documentation and communication is thorough, adding value to the whole nursing team. You position your teammates to do his, her, or their best work- benefiting your shared patients by
ensuring a smooth transition at shift change when you give report.
You have a talent for planning and coordinating which patients and their loved ones appreciate. You have the ability to think critically, creatively, and unconventionally when necessary. Project management is a natural talent as you will coordinate care between multiple patients while keeping your entire
healthcare team on track with shared goals.
CHI Saint Joseph Health provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
- Employee Referral Bonuses up to $15,000 (for eligible referrals)
- Sign-on Bonuses up to $15,000 or Education Assistance (loan payoff) up to $24,000 (for eligible positions)
Whether you are an experienced RN ‘who’s seen it all’ or a nurse working toward that, we invite you to join CHI Saint Joseph Health today and experience nursing with us!
CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees, 8 hospitals, specialty clinics, and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations across Central and Eastern KY.
Learn more about CHI Saint Joseph Health’s Awards and Recognitions here:
This position is accountable for the daily patient care operations of the assigned department, working under the direction of the Nurse Manager on assigned shifts. Responsible for daily patient care assignments, maintaining clinical standards of care, maintaining labor productivity and supervision of the patient care environment; supporting the care team. Supports the activities of the Nurse Manager. Maintains positive inter- and intra-departmental relationships. Directs patient throughput activities in the assigned unit. Maintains evidence-based nursing practices to achieve desirable patient outcomes in accordance with the Kentucky Nurse Practice Act.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct supervision of personnel practicing on Nursing Units, makes patient care assignments, evaluates assignments, facilitates patient throughout, and directly observes staff performance on assigned shift.
- Proactively matches existing resources seeking ways to provide patient care that supports staff and maintains a therapeutic environment.
- Monitors productivity and assures that staffing and resources are aligned with patient care needs.
- Communicates personnel related concerns to Unit Manager.
- Uses a logical, systematic approach to problems and problem-solving.
- Facilitates Patient Experience best practices on the unit (hourly rounding, etc.)
- Maintains Unit Professional standards. Holds staff accountable for behaviors and attitudes.
- Maintains confidentiality of information of the department. Assists in audits and data collection as requested.
- Contributes to the efficient operation of the department.
- Performs direct patient care and accepts an assigned group of patients as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
Required Licensure and Certifications
- Current RN license in the State of Kentucky. See attached grid for required certifications.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2 years RN experience preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate advanced skills and abilities of a registered nurse, practicing within the nursing scope of practice.
- Must have ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Also, be able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deliver successful results.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills and must be moderately advanced with experience in handling complex situations and conflicts.
- Microsoft Office, Clinical Documentation, Payroll system
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.