Environmental Services Tech Lead
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Follow the standard work procedures of the CHI National Environmental Services Program completing duties in the hospital to ensure a clean, safe and aseptic environment. The role of Environmental Services Tech displays a positive image by demonstrating good communication skills, courteous, and professional behavior towards all customers including subordinate staff, patients, physicians, visitors, volunteers, vendors, contractors, co-workers, and other employees.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintains strict confidentiality of information gained in the process of day to day work. This includes HIPPA compliance as well as following the corporate compliance guidelines.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of team and the ability to cooperate and work with others. This includes strict adherence to the Standards of Conduct policy.
- Follows infection prevention practices including the regulations, recommendations, and standards of regulatory agencies, and safety practices while completing the CHI National EVS Standard Work.
- Safe Handling/Disposal/Packaging for Transport of Pharmaceutical Waste/Hazardous Materials/Bio-Hazardous Regulated Medical Waste. 1.) Completes the Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA) and Hazardous Waste education during new employee orientation and annually. 2.) is knowledgeable of the process for identifying the proper waste stream and uses the appropriate container to dispose of waste. 3.) Responds to a release of hazardous chemicals or hazardous pharmaceuticals (P-listed waste) utilizing the facility hazardous waste contingency plan. 4.) Knowledgeable regarding the process to contact the emergency response coordinator for hazardous waste/pharmaceutical release/spill clean-up.
- EVS Tech Position’s standard work routine cleaning procedures include but are not limited to: (solid waste collection and disposal including proper waste segregation, linen distribution and collection, high dusting, changing light bulbs, cleaning light lenses, changing cubicle curtains, cleaning windows and blinds, low level surface disinfection, restroom cleaning, stocking restroom and hand hygiene products, cleaning walls and partitions, hard surface and carpeted floor care, standard precaution discharge room cleaning, moving furniture, emptying trash cans, emptying linen receptacles, emptying recycling containers, packaging and transport of regulated waste containers, perform isolation cleaning procedures as applicable, perform terminal cleaning procedures as applicable, perform restricted area and invasive procedure area cleaning as applicable, cleaning blood and body fluids from surfaces and floors, utilizing cleaning chemicals according to the manufacturer label and/or EPA guidelines, performing non-routine floor care and cleaning duties (Floor refinishing, Shampooing, Steam Cleaning).
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School or GED preferred
- Previous Healthcare experience preferred.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.