Certified Medical Assistant
The posted compensation range of $17.04 - $23.43 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
For more than 50 years the mission of CHI Health Missouri Valley has been to nurture and enhance the quality of life for residents of Harrison County in Iowa. As a community hospital its ongoing commitment is to keep residents in good health. Through the years CHI Health Missouri Valley has strived to improve the health status of southwest Iowa residents – children teens adults senior citizens friends and neighbors. CHI Health Missouri Valley is proud to offer health care services – close to home – within this community.
- Performs general patient care following established clinic workflows.
- Greets and prepares patients for the health care provider by obtaining and recording vital signs, reviewing drug allergies and current medications, completing applicable screening questionnaires and documenting reason for visit.
- Accompany the physician into the exam room for the patient visit documenting in the electronic medical record (EMR) all aspects of care including, but not limited to, chief complaint, history of presenting illness, physical exam and patient plan as directed by the physician.
- Collects and prepares ordered specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Prepares and provides ordered medications and/or vaccines to patients.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Ensures patient exam rooms are stocked, clean, and orderly.
- Escalates non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns timely and appropriately.
- Ensures safety checklists and quality controls are completed as required and necessary action taken if indicated.
Graduate of medical assisting program accredited by Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education (CAAHEP).
Programs accredited by other credentialed bodies may be considered if program included formal externship.
Current/valid nationally recognized certification, registration or recognition for medical assistants (AAMA/CMA, RMA, NCMA).
Basic Life Support (BLS).
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs