Cardiovascular ICU Nurse
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Cardiovascular ICU
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $31.03 - $41.89 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
As our ICU Nurse at CHI St Vincent Infirmary, you’ll monitor patients who are critically ill and unstable following extensive injury, surgery, or life-threatening disease.
You’ll begin each shift by taking report from a nursing teammate before making your rounds. You’ll provide continued care and perform procedures as detailed in the care plan. CVICU Nurses deliver care to patients in critical condition who are suffering heart problems. These patients are often coming out of cardiac surgery and require a very specialized level of care.
To thrive in this role, you’ll heavily depend on your ability to multitask and react. You’ll clinically care for your patients- remaining focused and attentive as you continuously monitor your patients throughout your shift. You also serve as their advocate- supporting their best interests when they cannot. However, your sound judgment during an emergency and rapid response are impressive, putting you on the radar for advancement.
CHI St Vincent Infirmary is a 600 bed faith-based, non-profit, acute care facility providing quality health care to patients and communities from all over the State of Arkansas. Our level II trauma center is a regional referral center for cardiology, trauma, behavioral health, cancer care, neurosciences, and other specialties. We have been consistently named by US News & World Report as one of the State’s best hospitals, with high performance in heart care, colorectal surgery, and joint replacement.
If you are committed to social justice, health equity, and prepared to deliver care in new, innovative ways, you belong with us.
- Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care while ensuring patient comfort
- Anticipates, identifies, and responds to informational and emotional needs of patients and families
- Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e., Patient Care Technicians) in caring for patients
- Maintains knowledge of equipment setup, maintenance, and use (i.e., IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices) Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and monitor alarms with necessary
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e., cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury)
- Assists with patient care duties/tasks (i.e., emptying drainage devices, ambulating, and hygiene)
We are offering a sign on bonus up to $25,000 depending on shift to hires who meet the eligibility requirements. We also offer additional pay for participation in our clinical ladder as well as referral bonuses, excellent benefits, and relocation assistance.
- Registered Nurse license in good standing, State of Arkansas or compact state license required prior to start date
- 6 months of acute care experience is required (new graduates or nurses who have never worked in an acute care setting are hired through our residency training program)
- Previous CVICU experience strongly preferred
- BLS through the American Heart Association is required
- ACLS through the American Heart Association is required
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, and more!
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Cardiovascular ICU Nurse at CHI St Vincent Health?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started