Respiratory Therapist Adv Prac
CHI Health Nebraska Heart delivers leading-edge services to Nebraska and northern Kansas. Our network of offices and affiliated hospital-based clinics enables patients to receive timely care close to home. In addition Nebraska Heart located in southeast Lincoln has dramatically reshaped the way in which patients receive care. Nebraska Heart continues to have the largest staff of experienced cardiology and vascular professionals in the area. Alongside the physicians is a dedicated team of advanced practice clinicians nurses technologists and staff; all committed to providing quality care and education to meet each patient’s needs during diagnosis treatment and recovery.
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities.
Our Respiratory Therapists are highly trained when it comes to performing specialized respiratory care including ventilator management, nebulizer treatment, chest PT, drawing arterial blood gases, oxygen therapies, external ventilation support and some pulmonary function assessments. RT Advanced Practitioner is a competency based designation specific to CHI Health for those ready to take the next step in their RT expertise.
Applying Your Knowledge and Talents:
- Assess and evaluate of the appropriateness and effectiveness of therapy based on patient’s age, cognitive and physical abilities, and/or developmental needs
- Make recommendations for changes in specific modes of therapy
- Educates patients and arranges home respiratory care services and patient therapy follow-up assessments using language and materials appropriate for age, cognitive and physical abilities, and/or developmental needs
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through participation in department meetings, in-service programs and continuing education programs
- Maintains established department policies, procedures and objectives, concerning quality assurance, safety, environmental conditions and infection control
- Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy from an accredited Respiratory program
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) licensing from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) within 1 year upon hire
- Active license in the state of Nebraska as a Registered Respiratory
- Within 6 months of hire, must complete special competency program
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs