Pharmacist Retail PRN
As our Pharmacist at Yankee Hill Clinic, opening in the of Fall 2022, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, you’ll help our doctors and nurses safely prescribe and dispense medications to help our patients feel better and recover from their illness or injury.
You’ll build trust in these interactions by reviewing every prescription in your queue. We never rely entirely on the computer to check for safety; we always use an expert for the final check. That’s you. You’ll review prescriptions for potential drug interactions, correct dosing, patient allergies or anything that looks unusual in your opinion. Assuming everything is fine, you’ll send the order to a pharmacy technician to be filled and then check again before dispensing the medicine to the nursing station.
To excel in this role, you must enjoy learning new concepts and researching information in real-time to provide solutions for real people. You should also continually look for ways to go above and beyond for your patients, delivering an exceptional experience along with exceptional care.
- Review prescriptions in queue for safety and accuracy. Check patient’s allergies, weight, renal function, lab test results, etc. to ensure any medications prescribed will be safe and effective. Make recommendations if you see an error or know another medication would be better.
- Review any compounded or filled medications once the pharmacy technician has completed them for accuracy.
- Attend interdisciplinary meetings with various groups, such as the breast or gastrointestinal cancer groups, to provide information and be a pharmacy resource.
- Provide CommonSpirit’s level of exceptional service to all patients or nurses filling orders.
- BS or Doctor of Pharmacy degree
- Pharmacist License
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs