Med Surg Resident RN
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Medical / Surgical / Orthopedics
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $33.50 - $41.68 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
At CHI Health St. Elizabeth, we believe our nursing care is the core foundation of our work. As a newly licensed registered nurse (RN) and valued member of CHI Health Nursing, you will be supported by our National Nurse Residency Program (NNRP) as you transition to practice at one of our facilities as a Medical Surgical Nurse. Through in-person and virtually-enhanced education and support, we will help you develop your critical thinking and evidence based decision-making skills, engagement, stress management capabilities, and leadership skills.
Our new nurse residency program accelerates nursing competency by providing in-depth experiences, education, and support during your first year. A competency-based curriculum coupled with trained preceptors and active mentorship capitalizes on American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Accreditation design and innovative, contemporary, and evidence-based practices.
Cohorts start in the Spring, Summer, and Fall.
What You’ll Do
This is an excellent role for someone who dislikes routine and wants to keep their skills sharp. Your day-to-day nursing tasks will depend on the tailored needs of your patients.
- Collaborate with physicians and nursing teams to devise and implement individualized care plans for patients..
- Administer medications, change dressings, monitor vital signs, and chart with timely documentation
- Collaborate with a variety of other healthcare professionals such as social work, care coordination, physical therapy, occupational therapy, lab, respiratory therapy and imaging
- Educate patients and their families on prevention and healthy habits, while fostering a supportive and compassionate environment.
As a Nurse Resident, you will have the following resources as part of this program:
- A comprehensive, evidence-based clinical orientation with a trained preceptor
- Didactic clinical content that builds on and applies your practice based learning
- Skills practice to help you be successful in patient care delivery
- Simulation practice with facility equipment and standardized procedure checklists
- Transition to Practice Core Courses covering topics such as communication, leadership and evidence-based practice
- Interactions with your peers for support
- A mentor to encourage professional, personal and interpersonal growth
- Regular meeting cadence with the unit and program leadership to monitor and support your progress in the Residency Program
- We are offering a $10,000 Sign On Bonus and up to $10,000 in student loan repayment assistance to new hires who meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Associates degree in Nursing from an accredited program college, or university
- Active Registered Nurse license in good standing with the State Board of Nursing in the state where you live.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from AHA upon hire
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, and more!
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Med Surg Resident RN at CHI Health Saint Elizabeth?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started