CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Proper assessment of the patient and their abilities to participate in ordered procedure. Provides a clear explanation of the procedure including; duration, process, and what to expect following completion. Verifies informed consent for and assists physician with interventional procedures; needle localization, aspiration, biopsies, and other invasive procedures. Practices aseptic and sterile techniques as necessary and observes universal precautions. Provides patient education as appropriate.
- Selection of the proper equipment, setting correct technical factors, procedure protocols and gathers proper supplies prior to performance of the procedure. Recognizes all radiation safety standards including “Image Gently” and “Image Wisely” and MR safety standards. Understands and follows all rules around radiation protection including wearing of lead protection when utilizing fluoroscopy or when there is a possibility of exposure i.e. CT room, performing portable exams etc.
- Obtains clear and complete history from the patient and or patient record and records that data into patient record to assist in image interpretation and future patient encounters.
- Is able to perform quality assessment of images obtained and is able to evaluate equipment issues and reports assessment to supervisor, manager or director.
- Ensures all equipment is in working order at the beginning of the day and prior to starting of a procedure. Performs any performance and quality tests on equipment as required including ACR quality requirements. Checks all supplies for outdates prior to use and reports any shortages, variations or failures of equipment to supervisor, manager or director for follow-up. Uses CHI incident reporting system to report any patient injuries or concerns, equipment or supply failures or malfunctions, medication reaction or errors, and visitor or personal injury or exposure.
- Is responsible to participate in and have a good understanding of all department, campus and system quality improvement projects, the ACR accreditation process, Radiation Safety, ALARA, MQSA, and State Regulations as they apply to staffs license or certifications. Be familiar with the requirements of CMS and Joint Commission and be able to speak to all department processes around quality and environment of care
- Graduate of a Radiologic Technology Program
Licenses & Certifications:
- BLS from the American Heart Association required upon hire
- Must hold a valid Medical Radiography or General Radiology Technologist Permit to Practice license in Nebraska or Iowa depending on work state.
- ARRT Board Certified in Radiology
- ARRT board certified in Mammography within 1 year of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understands methods and is capable of performing venipuncture’s as required for position
- Demonstrated ability to set and maintain multiple priorities in an environment with shifting priorities, while providing accurate deliverables in a timely fashion
- Must be self-motivated, and able to take ownership of projects/assignments
- Must be a team player with excellent follow-up and customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills
- Interpersonal skills in dealing with guests and team members
#missioncritical #mammography #mammo #radiology #rad tech #radiology tech #xray #rad #radiology #radiologic #multimodality
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.