The posted compensation range of $26.00 - $42.00 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Health St. Elizabeth founded by the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration in 1889 is a full-service 260-bed nonprofit regional medical center in Lincoln Neb. St. Elizabeth specializes in the treatment areas of newborn and pediatric care women’s health burn and wound cardiology oncology emergency medicine orthopedics and neuroscience.
$15,000 sign-on bonus and $10,000 educational assistance available to external candidates!
- Full Time Opportunity
- Day Shifts
What you will do:
- Proper assessment of the patient and their abilities to participate in ordered procedures. Provides a clear explanation of the procedure including; duration, process, and what to expect following completion. Verifies informed consent for and assists physicians with interventional procedures; needle localization, aspiration, biopsies, and other invasive procedures. Practices aseptic and sterile techniques as necessary and observes universal precautions. Provides patient education as appropriate.
- Selection of the proper equipment, setting correct technical factors, procedure protocols and gathering proper supplies prior to performance of the procedure. Recognizes all radiation safety standards including “Image Gently” and “Image Wisely” and MR safety standards. Understands and follows all rules around radiation protection including wearing of lead protection when utilizing fluoroscopy or when there is a possibility of exposure i.e. CT room, performing portable exams etc.
- Obtains clear and complete history from the patient and or patient record and records that data into patient record to assist in image interpretation and future patient encounters.
- Is able to perform quality assessment of images obtained and is able to evaluate equipment issues and reports assessment to supervisor, manager or director.
- Ensures all equipment is in working order at the beginning of the day and prior to starting of a procedure. Performs any performance and quality tests on equipment as required including ACR quality requirements. Checks all supplies for outdated prior to use and reports any shortages, variations or failures of equipment to supervisor, manager or director for follow-up. Uses CHI incident reporting system to report any patient injuries or concerns, equipment or supply failures or malfunctions, medication reaction or errors, and visitor or personal injury or exposure.
- Is responsible to participate in and have a good understanding of all department, campus and system quality improvement projects, the ACR accreditation process, Radiation Safety, ALARA, MQSA, and State Regulations as they apply to staff's license or certifications. Be familiar with the requirements of CMS and Joint Commission and be able to speak to all department processes around quality and environment of care.
- Graduate of a Radiologic Technology Program
Licenses & Certifications
- BLS from the American Heart Association required upon hire
- ARRT Board Certified in Radiology
- Must hold a valid Medical Radiography or General Radiology Technologist Permit to Practice license in Nebraska or Iowa depending on work state
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understands methods and is capable of performing venipuncture as required for position
- Demonstrated ability to set and maintain multiple priorities in an environment with shifting priorities
- Must be self-motivated, and able to take ownership of projects/assignments
- Must be a team player with excellent follow-up and customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills
- Interpersonal skills in dealing with guests and team members
- Six to nine months experience in radiology preferred
- If Cardiac Catheter lab included in duties ACLS required
- Certification in IR or RCIS, preferred
- ARRT Board Certified in CT within one year of hire, if appropriate
- ARRT Board Certified in Mammography within one year of hire, if appropriate
HelloImagingImagingNebraska #MissionCritical #LI-CHI#St.ElizabethNE-Imaging
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs