The posted compensation range of $18.74 - $25.77 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The Exercise Specialist II is responsible for the evaluation of participant functional status and subsequent formulation and implementation of their exercise prescription. The Exercise Specialist II assists in the planning and documentation of all participants’ exercise, relaxation, and education-related functions for Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. This position reports directly to the Coordinator for Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- Evaluates participants upon entry into Acute or Maintenance/Rehab and formulates an appropriate exercise prescription.
- Utilizes essential information from the participant’s history, diagnostic tests (i.e., cath, GXT), prescribed medications, and entry evaluation.
- Formulates intensity, frequency, duration, and progression of exercise prescription.
- Completes body fat analysis.
- Assists with MET conversions with all exercise equipment.
- Assists in ongoing participant care plans with other members of the health care team.
- Modifies and progresses participant’s exercise prescription.
- Conducts education sessions.
- Assists in intervention strategies.
- Assists in communication with appropriate personnel to ensure quality participant care (i.e. Physical Therapy, Physicians).
- Assists with exit evaluations.
- Develop exercise programs for well clientele.
- Assist with wellness programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science is required. Master’s degree in related area.
- American College of Sports Medicine Exercise Specialist
- Current Basic Life Support certification required.
- Advance Cardiac Life Support preferred.
- Five years minimum experience in a Rehab setting.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs