CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
1. Ensures that the established levels of analytic performance are maintained throughout the entire testing procedure by monitoring quality control and quality assurance programs that identify failures in quality as they occur. Ensures resolution of technical problems whenever significant deviations from the laboratory’s established performance characteristics are identified, and ensures that patient test results are reported only when the system is functioning properly.
2. Identifies training needs and ensures training and continuing education occurs for all employees/students. Assesses the competency of testing personnel annually.
3. Recommends sufficient number of qualified and competent persons to provide care or services.
4. Develops, implements and updates policies and procedures through appropriate chain of command.
5. Assures continuous assessment and improvement of quality of care or service provided by department.
6. Participates in selection of sources for needed services not provided by department or organization.
7. Is accountable for and demonstrates leadership/management of the services in the department including compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and accrediting bodies.
8. Must be able to perform difficult manipulative skills and tasks that require hand-eye coordination and arm-hand steadiness.
9. Must be able to walk, stand extensively, lift 30 lbs., remain in uncomfortable positions for a long time, visually discriminate close objects and far away objects and colors, and distinguish and hear normal sounds.
10. May be exposed to blood, body tissues and fluids, other hazardous waste materials, dust, chemicals, and unpleasant or strong odors.
11. Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education (for CHI Leadership Job Levels from Supervisor through President)
Sys/Div/Mkt/Local Supervisor – Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 1 year experience in the discipline OR 3 years’ experience in the discipline OR Master’s Degree and no experience
Required Licensure and Certifications
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
HLT or HT
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.