CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
RNs with CHI Saint Joseph Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, have a variety ofskills from clinical to project management. Their ability to multitask and consistently deliver high quality care makes them some of the most well-rounded nurses caring for our patients. Keen assessment skills, critical thinking, and a sense of urgency attribute to their success.
As a Nurse , you will advance your career by providing care to patients funneled in from other units in the medical center which will quickly acquaint you with a variety of injuries, treatment options, and disease states. This provides you with the education and experience to advance your nursing career in specialized service lines such as cardiac, telemetry, orthopedics, neurology, critical care, surgical services, and emergency.
You appreciate that you will rarely have the same day twice and you thrive in a fast-paced clinical environment. Your documentation and communication is thorough, adding value to the whole nursing team. You position your teammates to do his, her, or their best work- benefiting your shared patients by
ensuring a smooth transition at shift change when you give report.
You have a talent for planning and coordinating which patients and their loved ones appreciate. You have the ability to think critically, creatively, and unconventionally when necessary. Project management is a natural talent as you will coordinate care between multiple patients while keeping your entire
healthcare team on track with shared goals.
CHI Saint Joseph Health provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
- Employee Referral Bonuses up to $5,000 (for eligible referrals)
- Sign-on Bonuses up to $6,000 or Education Assistance (loan payoff) up to $24,000 (for eligible positions)
Whether you are an experienced RN ‘who’s seen it all’ or a nurse working toward that, we invite you to join CHI Saint Joseph Health today and experience nursing with us!
CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees, 8 hospitals, specialty clinics, and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations across Central and Eastern KY.
Learn more about CHI Saint Joseph Health’s Awards and Recognitions here:
Provides nursing care according to the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementing and evaluating. Implements appropriate nursing care interventions. Administers medications and treatments in accordance with physician orders and established nursing policies and procedures. Care provided is based on defined standards of patient care and nursing evidence-based practice.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for acquiring knowledge and skills necessary for patient care in the identified practice setting.
- Performs assessment and analyzes patient problems and conditions using critical decisioning to determine need for standard, urgent or emergent interventions.
- Implements and/or modifies plan of care using assessment data, standards of care and evidence based practice inclusive of nursing care coordination, appropriate patient and family education, and discharge planning. Facilitates interdisciplinary partnership in patient care.
- Integrates ethical provisions in nursing practice and delivers care in a manner that preserves and protects patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Administers medications, IV therapy, and treatments in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Evaluates progress towards attainment of desired patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective on-going observations and reassessment of patient/family and their response to the interventions and changes in condition.
- Documents assessments and interventions in accordance with hospital policy and standards of care.
- Utilizes resources appropriately and follows facility guidelines for documentation and charging of medical supplies and equipment.
- Assigns or delegates tasks to designated support personnel based on needs and conditions of the patient, complexity of the task, predictability of the outcome and facility policy.
- Collaborates with new employees and peers to support orientation, training and development opportunities. Supports the profession of nursing through support for nursing student clinical activities, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited program
- Active Registered Nurse Licensure in Kentucky (KY) or eNLC licensure with multistate privileges in good standing
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Previous nursing experience in Med/Surg, Telemetry, Cardiac, Emergency, or Critical Care service lines
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.