CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Assists physicians, nurses and other hospital personnel in caring for diagnosing, and treating patients with cardiopulmonary deficiencies and abnormalities by applying therapeutic, preventive, and diagnostic procedures.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administers treatments and medications which promote pulmonary hygiene, improve pulmonary function, and improve respiratory status.
2. Evaluates and ensures proper maintenance of airways and patient ventilation.
3. Implements oxygen, gas, and humidity therapy. Maintains oxygen and humidity devices and emergency equipment.
4. Performs oximetry, safely obtains blood samples, and performs blood gas analysis; verifies accuracy of results.
5. Performs preoperative assessments of patients’ respiratory status; provides instruction on prevention of postoperative complications.
6. Sets up, monitors, and maintains invasive and noninvasive ventilatory and oxygenation devices; recognizes and corrects malfunctions or inappropriate settings.
7. Participates in resuscitation efforts and other emergency medical treatments (based upon level of training).
8. Demonstrates competent and safe procedures in obtaining and handling sputum specimens.
9. Stocks supplies, assembles crash boxes, prepares ventilators and other equipment for immediate use; maintains a neat and orderly work area.
10. Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels High school diploma or GED
Required Licensure and Certifications Active license to practice Respiratory Care through the Board of Respiratory Care (KBRC) required; CRT credentialed from the National Board of Respiratory Care, BLS
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs