CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The incumbent uses an array of professional (pharmacy and personal (analytical, communication, supervisory, computer) skills to provide leadership in medication-related patient care to achieve: drug use that is safe and effective; pharmaceutical care focused on achieving positive patient outcomes through cost effective drug therapy; pharmaceutical services that advance the cure, amelioration, or prevention of disease; promotion of pharmacy as an essential component of the healthcare team.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Dispenses the correct medication to the correct patient at the appropriate time to provide a superior standard of professional care to all patients of CHI Saint Joseph Health.
* Supervises, continuously, the work activities of all pharmacy support personnel to ensure the provision of coordinated and efficient pharmaceutical services.
* Acts as a pharmaceutical expert and resource person to promote safe, appropriate, and cost effective drug utilization.
* Maintains a proper and adequate inventory of pharmaceutical supplies to ensure optimal patient care.
* Maintains and communicates a comprehensive, up-to-day knowledge of pharmacy and hospital policies and procedures to ensure efficient and integrated departmental function.
* Possesses and maintains the significant professional expertise required to ensure the highest standard of hospital pharmacy practices.
* Monitors and directs all drug usage within the corporation to ensure compliance with Quality Assurance and Improvement standards established by internal and external regulatory bodies.
* Possesses and maintains proficiency on all pharmacy related computer systems to ensure the provision of complete, uninterrupted computer services.
* Complies with all safety regulations and all current state and federal pharmacy laws to ensure the provision of safe, legal, and un-interrupted health care services.
* Safe handling/disposal / packaging for Transport of Pharmaceutical Waste/ Hazardous Materials/Bio- Hazardous Regulated Medical Waste. 1) Completes the Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA) and Hazardous Waste education during employee orientation. 2) Tri –annually education for the D.O.T training. 3) is knowledgeable of the process for identifying the proper waste stream and uses the appropriate container to dispose of waste. 4) Knowledgeable regarding the process to contact the emergency response coordinator for hazardous waste/pharmaceutical release/spill clean-up.
* Other duties as assigned.
Graduate of Pharmacy School
Required Licensure and Certifications
Licensed by the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum 3 years’ experience as a hospital pharmacist required
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.