Manager Nursing Cardiac Cath Lab
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Cath Lab
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
Saint Joseph Hospital is a 433-bed facility located in Lexington Kentucky. Founded in 1877 a small group of Sisters of Charity of Nazareth in Kentucky led by Sister Euphrasia Stafford began their health ministry. Their mission was to provide compassionate care to the poor and underserved – a tradition still carried out today. Saint Joseph Hospital primarily serves central and eastern Kentucky with a full range of services including distinguished awards for cardiology orthopedics and stroke care. CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees 8 hospitals specialty clinics and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations across Central and Eastern KY. CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health in 2019. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
This position is responsible and accountable for total unit/s operations on a 24-hour basis to include fiscal management, staff development, and resource management with the ultimate goal of achieving quality and safe patient care.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
2. Supervises assigned professional, technical, and clerical staff of the department to ensure the quality of work.
3. Manages the workflow of the unit to ensure the delivery of quality patient care.
4. Implements and supports patterns and ensures availability of sufficient qualified staff to meet patient care needs.
5. Develops staffing patterns and ensures availability of sufficient qualified staff to meet patient care needs.
6. Works to develop and retain highly skilled and well-rounded staff including hiring, orienting, training, directing work, evaluating performance and assuring clinical competency.
7. Contributes to the effective management of the department including supplies, equipment, space, technology, policies and procedures.
8. Contributes to the financial viability of the organization including managing productivity and budgeting process.
9. Maintains effective working relationships, communication and collaborative decision making with medical staff, other departments, leaders, staff and others.
10. Assists the organization in maintaining and achieving its goals related to licensure, regulatory, and accreditation standards.
11. Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence.
12. Responsible for accurate and timely delivery of various reports including staff schedules, payroll, labor productivity, IRIS and others as assigned.
13. Participates in community activities on behalf of the organization.
14. Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
Required Licensure and Certifications Current RN license in the State of Kentucky. BLS required.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years of leadership experience or minimum of 5 years leadership experience in the discipline or Master’s Degree.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Manager Nursing Cardiac Cath Lab at CHI Saint Joseph Health System?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started