Interventional Radiologic Technologist
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Cath Lab
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $26.38 - $38.26 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Saint Joseph Hospital is a 433-bed facility located in Lexington Kentucky. Founded in 1877 a small group of Sisters of Charity of Nazareth in Kentucky led by Sister Euphrasia Stafford began their health ministry. Their mission was to provide compassionate care to the poor and underserved – a tradition still carried out today. Saint Joseph Hospital primarily serves central and eastern Kentucky with a full range of services including distinguished awards for cardiology orthopedics and stroke care. CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees 8 hospitals specialty clinics and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations across Central and Eastern KY. CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health in 2019. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Position offers up to a $15,000 SIGN ON BONUS plus up to $24,000 in student loan repayment!
Job Summary / Purpose
Assist Interventional Cardiologists, Radiologists, and Vascular Surgeons in Cardiac Cath Lab/Interventional Radiology/Endovascular with cardiovascular diagnostic and interventional procedures. Performs duties as scrub and monitoring staff. Provides radiation safety and general safety for patients, themselves and other staff. Provides patient and family education and supports customer satisfaction and service excellence. Works as part of the Cath Lab/IR/Endovascular team and supports nursing functions. Demonstrates and maintains all applicable competencies related to imaging and device based equipment used in these Interventional procedures areas. Performs with competency in Code STEMI and Code Stroke alerts. Documents and evaluates the outcome of interventions. Provides on call services as assigned
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the operation of c-arm radiation equipment, provides radiation protection, and demonstrates competency for all procedural applications.
- Prepares sterile fields without error or violation of integrity of aseptic technique. Functions as scrub assist and hemodynamic monitor.
- Knowledgeable regarding prep and use of all current devices in Cath Lab/IR/Endovascular inventory. This includes devices and adjunct therapies to include atherectomy, IABP, IVUS, Impella, CTO, DES, DCB, OCT, thrombectomy, and embolic coils. Procedures include PCI, PTCA, and PTA, cerebral and visceral angiography and interventions, stent placement, line placements, dialysis access maintenance, pacemaker and ICD implant.
- Demonstrates rapid decision making, critical thinking, and clinical leadership skills. Acts as a preceptor. Responds quickly and effectively to STEMI, Stroke, respiratory and cardiac arrest.
- Provides patient/family education related to procedure and cardiovascular disease risk factors.
- Assists nursing staff in all aspects of patient care. Reports all deviations of standards to nurse leader.
- Maintains CPACS database.
- Demonstrates competency in arterial and venous sheath removal, hemostasis, and access site management.
- Demonstrates competency in EKG recognition and hemodynamics. Alerts Cardiologists to changes from baseline.
- Provides care to patients peri-procedure and assisting in pre and post procedure care.
- Maintains readiness for rapid transport for emergent or salvage CABG or vascular surgery.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Graduate of an Accredited School of Radiologic Technology
Required Licensure and Certifications
Licensed Medical Radiographer in KY
Registered Technologist Radiography ARRT (RTR, RCES, RCIS)
AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - within 6 months
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
Graduate of an Accredited School of Radiologic Technology
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Interventional Radiologic Technologist at CHI Saint Joseph Health System?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started