Cath Lab Resource RN
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Cath Lab
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $30.00 - $43.50 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Saint Joseph Hospital is a 433-bed facility located in Lexington Kentucky. Founded in 1877 a small group of Sisters of Charity of Nazareth in Kentucky led by Sister Euphrasia Stafford began their health ministry. Their mission was to provide compassionate care to the poor and underserved – a tradition still carried out today. Saint Joseph Hospital primarily serves central and eastern Kentucky with a full range of services including distinguished awards for cardiology orthopedics and stroke care. CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees 8 hospitals specialty clinics and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations across Central and Eastern KY. CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health in 2019. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Job Summary / Purpose
A registered nurse in this institution will deliver nursing care to patients of varying age groups by utilizing the nursing process and nursing practice standards. The registered nurse will maintain competency and application of the scientific knowledge necessary to meet patient needs. The registered nurse demonstrates through organizational skills, the ability to provide ease in flow of work. The registered nurse is knowledgeable and supportive of the hospital, department and nursing unit philosophies.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Conducts care assessments and interprets assessment data to determine care needs and constraints in meeting these needs.
- Successfully completes system-based and hospital specific competencies.
- Maintains accurate documentation of observations, treatments, teaching, medications, care given, patient response, and integrates into plan of care.
- In collaboration with patients and families (as defined by the patient) the Registered Nurse is responsible for evaluating, planning, directing and administering care to the patient. Implements plan of care based upon established standards of care/practice, policies, and procedures, incorporating cultural, religious, psychosocial, physical, and age-related issues.
- Possesses knowledge of medications, and administers safely and accurately.
- Appropriately delegates and supervises routine technical functions to non-licensed and licensed personnel.
- In collaboration with the patient/family the RN evaluates patient outcomes and revises the patient’s plan of care.
- Negotiates with the patient/family and health care team members to come to an acceptable resolution of conflicts resulting from patient care or organizational issues.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the hospital mission as a teaching institution by acting as a resource for employees, students, and residents.
- Is supportive of patient and family centered care, promoting that environment within the care provided. Includes family and patient in plan of care, providing teaching and support where needed.
- Performs other duties assigned by authorized personnel or as required to meet the needs of the facility, and internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Graduation from an accredited/approved school of nursing. BSN preferred.
Required Licensure and Certifications
Current Registered Nurse license in Kentucky. BLS required, ACLS required. Specialty certifications required based upon unit specifications.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum two years of experience as an RN in an acute care facility. Cath Lab experience required. Must be knowledgeable of current nursing practices.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Cath Lab Resource RN at CHI Saint Joseph Health System?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started