Patient Registration Representative
The posted compensation range of $19.92 - $27.38 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
As the community’s only not-for-profit faith-based healthcare system; Dignity Health Nevada has been guided by the vision and core values of the Adrian Dominican Sisters for more than 70 years. As the Henderson and Las Vegas communities grow Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican facilities and its more than 3400 employees will continue the Sisters’ mission of serving people in need. St. Rose Dominican is a member of Dignity Health one of the nation’s largest healthcare systems a 22-state network of more than 9000 physicians 60000 employees and 400 care centers including hospitals urgent and occupational care imaging and surgery centers home health and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate high-quality and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Employing excellent customer service skills, the Patient Registration Representative is responsible for ensuring a
positive patient experience throughout the registration process. In order to ensure appropriate reimbursement for services rendered, primary duties include: a) Appropriate patient identification b) Collecting accurate and thorough patient demographic data c) Obtaining insurance information and verifying eligibility and benefits d) Determining and collecting patient financial liability e) Referring patients to the Patient Registration Specialist as needed for assistance with financial counseling and/or clearance.
- The Patient Registration Representative adheres to the organization's policies and procedures for resolution of patient financial liability. Additionally, the Patient Registration Representative is an information source for patients and families by explaining hospital policies, patient financial responsibilities and Patient Rights and Responsibilities.
- This position is represented by SEIU, Local 1107 and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in a hospital Patient Registration department, physician office setting, healthcare insurance company, revenue cycle vendor, and/or other revenue cycle related roles. 2 years preferred. Thorough understanding of insurance policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Able to perform basic mathematics for payment calculation.
- Experience in requesting and processing financial payments.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- Applicable education and/or training can be used to balance a lack of experience.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Knowledge of charity care programs as well as the various government and non-government programs preferred.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs