RN Residency PCU
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Part Time
- Department: Progressive Care Unit
- Hours/Pay Period: 60
The posted compensation range of $36.87 - $59.99 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Current Incentives for qualifying external Nurses with a 2 year commitment
Up to a $20,000 Sign on Bonus for RN's with 1 year Exp in Specialty hired (prorated by FTE- min 0.6 FTE required); Lump sum payment within 30 days of start)
Up to $25,000 in Education Loan Forgiveness for qualifying loans
Up to a $20,000 RN Residency Completion Bonus for qualifying RN Residents
Relocation Assistance for experienced RNs
St. Clare Hospital and Virginia Mason Medical Center were each recognized as one of the 148 Best Hospitals in America by Money (formerly Money Magazine), in partnership with The Leapfrog Group. They were the only hospitals in Washington state to be recognized for this achievement. All hospitals were required to meet a high standard of excellence in order to be considered.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
- This position is responsible for providing care to the patient who is hemodynamically compromised and requires monitoring of multiple systems and/or nursing interventions every two to four hours.
- Work is performed under standards of safety and care that provide instruction/guidance for taking care of issues and patient needs in the absence of a physician.
- Requires the use of judgment and critical thinking skills in making decisions regarding patient care (within the scope of practice), including knowledge and integration of available standards, resources and data, and in the efficient utilization of staff/resources.
- Work involves continuous contact with physicians, patients, patient families, community agencies, patient care staff and management.
- An incumbent is accountable for the quality of care provided to patients, and has the authority to direct care, provide education, seek resources at the unit/department level, and delegate appropriate tasks.
- When team members were asked what makes them proud to work in PCU, they reported, The teamwork, camaraderie and support for new staff is what makes our unit great! This was a common theme in discussion with staff during our annual performance reviews.
- 99% of staff participated in our annual My Voice survey
- 30% of staff have obtained their certification, PCCN
- 10.5% turnover rate in the last year with no 1st year RN turnover as of August 2022
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- One year of related work experience in an acute care setting is preferred
- Possession of a BSN degree is preferred
- Previous PCU/ICU experience preferred, or
- 1-2 years med/surg experience, or
- New graduate with completion of senior practicum in a specialty area i.e.: Critical Care, ED, PACU or
- For those with no previous PCU/ICU experience, must successfully complete the PCU residency or the critical care residency program
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Washington State Board of Nursing
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare BLS Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or attainment within 6 months of hire
- CCRN/Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse (CNRN) preferred
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Residency PCU at St Clare Hospital?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started