RN Residency Emergency
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Emergency Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $40.83 - $68.97 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Current Incentives for qualifying external Nurses with a 2 year commitment
Up to a $20,000 Sign on Bonus for RN's with 1 year Exp in Specialty hired (prorated by FTE- min 0.6 FTE required); Lump sum payment within 30 days of start) Must be new to VMFH.
Up to $25,000 in Education Loan Forgiveness for qualifying loans
Up to a $20,000 RN Residency Completion Bonus for qualifying RN Residents
Relocation Assistance for experienced RNs
St. Clare Hospital and Virginia Mason Medical Center were each recognized as one of the 148 Best Hospitals in America by Money (formerly Money Magazine), in partnership with The Leapfrog Group. They were the only hospitals in Washington state to be recognized for this achievement. All hospitals were required to meet a high standard of excellence in order to be considered.
In 2020 united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care including 11 hospitals and nearly 5000 physicians and providers. Together we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
What We Have To Offer
- The opportunity to work as a member of a cohesive team that treats a variety of patients
- A community hospital where staff will feel like a family and collaborate exceptionally well with physicians and across departments
- 8- and 12-hour shift options; no on-call time required
- Financial support for specialty certifications and tuition assistance for advanced degrees
- Faith-based culture with commitment to our Core Values of Reverence Integrity Compassion and Excellence where we value positive team players
- Competitive wages incentives and a generous employee benefits program
- St Clare ED offers one of the most robust residency programs in the area offering over 400 hours of direct training 7 specialized residency courses as well as a number of additional courses and training that are specifically designed to help build up staff within our department.
- Simulation Lab: St Clare ED has a designated simulation lab in which advanced training and simulations are conducted to further staff growth.
- Work Culture: The culture at SCH ED is one focused on compatibility trust and a team mentality.
- Our staff have a great working relationship with our providers one that is seldom found anywhere else.
- We take pride in including staff in our interviews to ensure applicants are a good fit within our culture.
- We also have a number of groups that meet outside of work that simply enjoy doing life together.
- Assess and manage patients with varying acuity and conditions from minor to urgent across all populations and age groups
- Provide stabilization and emergency care for patients to include special procedures such as triage orthopedic splinting cardiac pacing cardioversion and defibrillation; eyes ears nose and throat procedures wound repair complex medication administration cardio-respiratory resuscitation gynecological and obstetrical procedures and management of psychiatric emergencies
- Administers oversees and documents the administration of medications
- Prepares patient for discharge and assists with coordinating post discharge needs
- Demonstrates competent professional nursing practice and engages in opportunities for professional growth
- Provides health care education and guidance to patients and families
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred.
- Previous E.D. experience current within the last 2 years preferred OR
- Critical care experience current within the last 2 years preferred OR
- New graduate or RNs without E.D. or Critical Care experience AND successful completion of the E.D. residency program.
- Current Healthcare BLS Certification.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification within sixty days of hire and maintained as current thereafter.
- Completion of a NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Provider) class is required at sites that do not provide labor and delivery services within twelve months of date of hire and must be maintained as current thereafter.
- Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) within twelve months of date of hire. Certification must be maintained as current thereafter.
- National Institutes of Health Strokes Scale (NIHSS) certification within six months of date of hire and maintained as current thereafter.
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Certification (ENPC) OR Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within twelve months of date of hire. Certification(s) must be maintained as current thereafter.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and/or Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification is preferred.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Residency Emergency at St Clare Hospital?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started